Time for a tune up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Time for a tune up

So, it’s come time for my cars tune up. I am planning on convincing the wife that I need to get the MSD Coil for my car, but if it’s not going to last a while and I'd have to replace it come tune up time next year, so my question is, is the power gain worth it and how long has it lasted for you guys/gals.

Also I want to try to convince her for the 8.5mm wires as well. But again, if it’s not going to last me a while and they too would have to be replaced, then I can't justify paying the extra $50 over the regular stock wires.

Finally, About a year ago I blew a spark plug out of the head, I didn't have the money to buy a new head so the mechanic just tapped out the hole and put a helicoil in it so we could still use the head, then he proceeded to tell me that I should never have to remove it again and that if I did I could risk it blowing out again and there goes the head. So the question is, has anyone else had this happened, I really can’t afford to buy a new head, and I'm sure that’s something that you'd have to replace both sides at a time anyway, and I damn sure can’t afford for someone to do it, so what is the risk if I actually change my plugs because I know I need it.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Project pony recently upgraded to the MSD coilpack. He says great things about it. He switched from a brand new stock one too.

I have the wires on my car but I'm not sure about the power gain because it came like that. I'm pretty sure they last the same if not longer
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I am very happy with my MSD Coil pack. I replaced a brand new motorcraft one with it. Throttle response is better, idle is smoother, seems to have more pep, and I've gained a couple miles per gallon on the last couple tanks. According to my records I've gone up 3.2mpg.
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Awesome, thanks for the input on the coil,

Anyone for the plug wires? or, my plug issue =/

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang