E-Break Problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
E-Break Problem

Okay so my E-brake does not work at all. Luckily it's an auto but I still want it to work regardless. Has anyone come across this problem or knows how to fix it?
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
When you pull up on the e-brake handle is there any tension at all or is it loose? If it's loose than you have a problem with the cable. Could be broken and needs replacement. If there is tension then it's probably the rear calipers. Brake pads might need replacing, or the calipers need attention or replacing.
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badinuf View Post
When you pull up on the e-brake handle is there any tension at all or is it loose? If it's loose than you have a problem with the cable. Could be broken and needs replacement. If there is tension then it's probably the rear calipers. Brake pads might need replacing, or the calipers need attention or replacing.
There is tension... So I'm gonna need to replace rear calipers and break pads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post

There is tension... So I'm gonna need to replace rear calipers and break pads?
Check your brake pads first. Take off your rear wheels and check your calipers and pads and also the e-brake line. It could be possible that the piston crapped out as well. Look at every angle before replacing parts. I still haven't learned my lesson :p just curious, how did you figure out your e-brake didn't work? I never use mine unless I'm doing something with my tires or brakes or jacking up the car
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Check your brake pads first. Take off your rear wheels and check your calipers and pads and also the e-brake line. It could be possible that the piston crapped out as well. Look at every angle before replacing parts. I still haven't learned my lesson :p just curious, how did you figure out your e-brake didn't work? I never use mine unless I'm doing something with my tires or brakes or jacking up the car
Do you really wanna know? Lol haha all kidding a side when I park uphill and pull the e-break the car rocks backwards still. And also when I work on my tires too. I try to use it but its pointless because it doesn't work!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Okay, haha good, I though you were just playing around with it cause I have before. Leave it on neutral in the driveway lol. But yeah. Check all of the above, it could be something small
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang