Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Gonna try out seafoam today!!

2K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  andregayola 
#1 ·
Hope to clean her all out

#2 ·
Not to discourage you or anything, but I've heard horror stories about seafoam on here. People argue that they didn't use it right. I recommend that you try it with someone that has experience with it. Or try watching youtube videos where the results come out good :good:

#11 ·
What i did the last time, was one full bottle in a full tank, Half a bottle in the oil and split the other half into thirds (into the brake booster line) When you put it in the oil do not let it stay in there more than 250 Miles, I'd say 100 at max anyway. On the first two thirds you want to do it slow, the last third you want to make it stall the engine out (or shut it off yourself) and wait about 20 minutes. then start it back up.

#17 ·
How much of a diffeence does it make after you use the sea foam? How many miles should someone is it on their car? I've got 75k on my 99 v6 and it's never had sea foam.

#25 ·
well i didn't know what eactly it is i just heard of it never seen it and i like wht it does fro reading it here and i read about destroying the engine so i was worried. sorry lol

#36 ·
Cleans out the lines, injectors, cylinders. Any carbon deposit that it contacts with. In the oil it will clean out all the sludge that goes through your engine, so when you run it through the oil when you change it the oil will be pretty much black if there is a lot of gunk in there. Don't use it too often, it's something that only should be used every once and a while. On well maintained engines it pretty much doesn't even need to be used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.