Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Throttle slack

4K views 74 replies 12 participants last post by  andregayola 
#1 ·
Hey guys I've been reading the posts about throttle cable slack, from the inside when you lift up on the pedal there is a lotta slack maybe an inch or so but when it is pushed to the floor and Get under the hood there is maybe 1/4 inch left in the throttle plate to full open. So am I missing something ? If I take up the slack inside the car I'm thinking that'll be way to much under the hood and I'm taking the chance of snapping the cable. Whether I'm doing it for response or pedal height.

#4 ·
That is basically what this mod was ment for, it says that possibly when you mash the petal to the floor before the mod you wouldn't hit wot, because you would have the carpeting and body in the way of full pedal power, so instead of messing with that they came up with this, whoever came up with it is a genious, people say this mid or that mod has the most bang for its buck, well this does, can't quite beat finally getting wot for 50 cents

#5 ·
Yea, I just used 10 cent hard clear tubing. I cut it straight down the center after I measured how long and had to be. Make sure the tubing is small enough so it won't slide off the end. After the install now when I smash my petal the wheels spin until I let off. But semi-bald tires can also contribute lol

#15 ·
Yeah no idea, car runs great, just takes off instead of spinning
My question is, if any of you have an automatic, on my shifter, there's a button, it turns my overdrive on and off
And when overdrive is off, my launch is so much quicker, when it's on launch is slower, and still no burn out
Which should I use o/d or not

#21 ·
That could be my problem, I always try it in drive, not first

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

See that seems sketchy that, because when I launch to do a high-speed, that means I will have to hit first, then shift into drive

#26 ·
But more than Likely it'll just be a one wheel burn out thanks to ford and their **** differentials

#30 ·
If you turn off OD and ABS then it won't hurt your brakes. If you leave it on then yeah it'll e time for new brakes very soon lol

#36 ·
No, holding the brake I could spend the tire, but just punching the gas without the break, I couldn't spin em
Basically something is wrong in my ABS sensors, My ABS light on my dash is on, meaning I have no ABS, and because ABS is on, my traction control, when you hit the traction control button the light comes on the says it's off, it is always off because of the ABS aka the off button is lit on traction control

Here's some pics

Speedometer Odometer Auto part Gauge Light

Abs light is on

Green Black Text Font Darkness

Trac control always off because of abs

Speedometer Green Light Gauge Auto part

Here's both in same shot
Yellow in corner is the word off on trac control button

Green Black Light Darkness Lighting

Trac control

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Auto part Tachometer

Abs plus od off

Attachments

#37 ·
yea that's normal because usually burnout you have to hold it for a while unless h have a high horse power car then you can do insta but outs but even then u have to hold the break to loose traction so u have no problem

#42 ·
I'm glad, and not glad that i dont have that traction control problem, my car doesnt even have TC, and I don't even know how to turn off your ABS like Sluder4 said.

I hit my brakes and turn and burn, lol

#43 ·
No u can't turn abs on and off, it's like a check engine light for your brakes
In the front the abs sensors are just stuck on, and light can come on because of those if dirt gets in there
So it could just be simple fix, just ain't nobody got time for that
Lol
I work all the time

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

auto natic i am geting a b&n shifter though
I think u mean b&m, and what exactly do they do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.