Im confused, what's up with this? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

Yeah.. I feel it, I can't find a dependable job that pays over slave wages..
Right on man, I'm talking to a guy with an 87 right now so ill let you know how that goes. It'd still be cool to meet up sometime and go to the track
Oh yeah deff, which track you go to, I have 2 mustangs and I want to run then both and I'm gonna be looking into a v8 possibly 05+
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blovett55 View Post

Oh yeah deff, which track you go to, I have 2 mustangs and I want to run then both and I'm gonna be looking into a v8 possibly 05+
Marion county international speedway in larue
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Never been, iv been to the one down by Hamilton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never been to that one.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:

Never been to that one.
When do you think you'll know if you wanna buy it? I can hold off on trading for a little while. Id rather see it go to another mustang lover loll
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Party is June 2 don't worry, I do alot through Craigslist, I don't like holding people, if I make the deadline I do, if not, it's fine, Ik you really want a foxbody so I'd go with that
Especially since idt I'd end up with 3k from grad
Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Party is June 2 don't worry, I do alot through Craigslist, I don't like holding people, if I make the deadline I do, if not, it's fine, Ik you really want a foxbody so I'd go with that
Especially since idt I'd end up with 3k from grad
Its cool. I'm not in a rush man, I'm waiting for the right fox to come along.

What years are your mustangs?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its cool. I'm not in a rush man, I'm waiting for the right fox to come along.

What years are your mustangs?
Both 2000
One manual other auto
Old 05-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Yeah, I live in greenville if you know it

I am, I was hoping it was gonna be same body style as mine as in 97-04 so parts could be interchanged
Everyone knows where the triangle is. I bet if you have a driver's license that says New Castle In. on it, they still won't let you in. Lol
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Both 2000
One manual other auto
would you be interested in coming off one of them? I would trade for a new edge to murder out
Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Muncie Indiana is much closer to you. Not far from Portland on 67.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

would you be interested in coming off one of them? I would trade for a new edge to murder out
I can't, as of now atleast
Lol
Manual is black and has way to much work into it , thats the labor of love and my green one is my baby, and will be supercharged
Only way I'd get rid of either is for a new mustang 05+ wanting a gt so would need the cash for it since no way someone would trade Down like that
Sorry man
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I can't, as of now atleast
Lol
Manual is black and has way to much work into it , thats the labor of love and my green one is my baby, and will be supercharged
Only way I'd get rid of either is for a new mustang 05+ wanting a gt so would need the cash for it since no way someone would trade Down like that
Sorry man
Lol, supercharge both of them and I bet someone would trade you a 05 up gt for them lol
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I hope, as of right now I figure, once I get my recorder fixed on the green one it's worth 4000, because KBB says 4000 for excellent condition, and inside and out this car is in excellent condition
Basically I paid 900 for it because of the quarter panel, so anything I put into it, under 3000 total I'm coming out in the green and with my mod plans, around here they sell highly modded for 7000 plus so almost any way I'd make profit, just depends how much I want to spend
And 7000 would almost buy an 05 gt atleast
Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hope, as of right now I figure, once I get my recorder fixed on the green one it's worth 4000, because KBB says 4000 for excellent condition, and inside and out this car is in excellent condition
Basically I paid 900 for it because of the quarter panel, so anything I put into it, under 3000 total I'm coming out in the green and with my mod plans, around here they sell highly modded for 7000 plus so almost any way I'd make profit, just depends how much I want to spend
Yeah, figure around 11-13,500 for a 05-07 gt depending on how many owners and mileage. I found a 07 california special for sale for 13k last night, beautiful car and low miles.

If you're going to do anything with forced induction look into doing a 4.2 stroker bottom end with at the least forged pistons, forged pistons/rods would be best, then get a eaton m112 2 screw charger from the newer lightnings. Or do a procharger.. either way, forged pistons and a great fuel system are a must to keep the engine where it should be lol

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Your car doesn't have a rebuilt or salvage title does it? If so, cut your expected sale price by 40-60%. Unless you find someone that reaalllyy wants the car, you won't get top dollar for a car with a title discrepency
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just going to upgrade what's needed, as in fuel pump and injectors
I have a second 3.8 that was just given to me for free by a family friend and has only 80,000 on it and rebuilt at 60,000 compared to my almost 150,000 and the guy put alot of work in it, it wasn't supercharged but it ran gts which I found surprising
So if I blow the engine up its kind of an oh well deal because The engine that will be going in, has a lot more work into it than mine does
Hes putting a 302 in his 98, basically making it a boss but he's turbo charging and hooking up a shot of nos
Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm just going to upgrade what's needed, as in fuel pump and injectors
I have a second 3.8 that was just given to me for free by a family friend and has only 80,000 on it and rebuilt at 60,000 compared to my almost 150,000 and the guy put alot of work in it, it wasn't supercharged but it ran gts which I found surprising
So if I blow the engine up its kind of an oh well deal because The engine that will be going in, has a lot more work into it than mine does
Hes putting a 302 in his 98, basically making it a boss but he's turbo charging and hooking up a shot of nos
Putting a 302 in a 98 is just a gt 5.0.. I would love to see that motor when he's done man! I hope it works, most 302s will literally crack the block in half around 4-450 hp. And turbo with nitrous.. he'll be well over that mark. If all goes well, he's gonna have one hell of a motor.

I've been looking into different swaps, 5.4 lightning, 351w, 460 BB, 347 stroker.. hell, I'm even looking at a 2.3 turbo swap. Just can't decide which would be the best compromise of labor, cost, and final power output.
I intend to buy a 05+ the end of this year as well, hoping a few investments pay off well in the next year.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I would really like to have a new mustang by the end of the year also
Idk when he's starting the build, he has the 302 sitting there and engine out of his mustang, heavy modding like he's doing, might as well leave it out of the car while putting the mods on and that's what he'll end up doin
But it all goes back to work, everyone is working all the time for just enough money to live on anymore

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

But yeah we'll have to get the ohio mustang guys together to go to the drag strip some time to have some fun
Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I would really like to have a new mustang by the end of the year also
Idk when he's starting the build, he has the 302 sitting there and engine out of his mustang, heavy modding like he's doing, might as well leave it out of the car while putting the mods on and that's what he'll end up doin
But it all goes back to work, everyone is working all the time for just enough money to live on anymore

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

But yeah we'll have to get the ohio mustang guys together to go to the drag strip some time to have some fun
Exactly man.. I can't afford a 5k motor build right now lol

Definately man, definately.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

That's why I'm hoping I get enough from graduation to pay for my supercharging
And a little extra to buy a sports bike
Old 05-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's why I'm hoping I get enough from graduation to pay for my supercharging
And a little extra to buy a sports bike
I feel it.

What kinda bike you looking at?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I feel it.

What kinda bike you looking at?
Any sport, my dad had a vmaxx of the first year it came out, basically one of the faster cruise bikes made
At same time he bought a Suzuki katana 750cc
And believe it or not, even though people say start small, I learned on that, but iv rode dirt bikes my whole life, different but still helps

Since, he owns his own business and at one point times were hard so sold both, he held off on the vmaxx as long as possible and I needed to give up my katana

So I'd like that but I'd take cbr, ninja, just no 250cc unless it'd be worth it, which they can be good little get up and go bikes
Old 05-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Any sport, my dad had a vmaxx of the first year it came out, basically one of the faster cruise bikes made
At same time he bought a Suzuki katana 750cc
And believe it or not, even though people say start small, I learned on that, but iv rode dirt bikes my whole life, different but still helps

Since, he owns his own business and at one point times were hard so sold both, he held off on the vmaxx as long as possible and I needed to give up my katana

So I'd like that but I'd take cbr, ninja, just no 250cc unless it'd be worth it, which they can be good little get up and go bikes
Right, first 2 wheeler I rode was a suped up 180cc dirtbike bored out with a 6 speed.. traded an xbox for it down in hilliard, got it back up here in the back of my jeep took it out and fired it up.. within 10 minutes I was doing 60 down my road popping small wheelies lol.. I let a buddy try to ride it and he bunny hopped it basically, he ended up on his ***, bike on its rear wheel and he's sitting there holding the handlebars looking over at me with eyes as big as dinner plates haha I lost it, I couldn't even help him set the bike down I was laughing so damn hard
Old 05-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Right, first 2 wheeler I rode was a suped up 180cc dirtbike bored out with a 6 speed.. traded an xbox for it down in hilliard, got it back up here in the back of my jeep took it out and fired it up.. within 10 minutes I was doing 60 down my road popping small wheelies lol.. I let a buddy try to ride it and he bunny hopped it basically, he ended up on his ***, bike on its rear wheel and he's sitting there holding the handlebars looking over at me with eyes as big as dinner plates haha I lost it, I couldn't even help him set the bike down I was laughing so damn hard
Lol yeah our latest dirt bike we own is a 250cc that is bored and has all the work done to it, one of my dads customers has became a real good friend and his sons race motocross and get new model each year with all the mods available(their well off if you can't tell) and he tould my dad to pick out a previous bike to have, FOR FREE
Plus he gave my dad about $500 worth in riding gear, my dad used to race motocross before he broke his back in a race actually, so that's how iv always been around bikes
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol yeah our latest dirt bike we own is a 250cc that is bored and has all the work done to it, one of my dads customers has became a real good friend and his sons race motocross and get new model each year with all the mods available(their well off if you can't tell) and he tould my dad to pick out a previous bike to have, FOR FREE
Plus he gave my dad about $500 worth in riding gear, my dad used to race motocross before he broke his back in a race actually, so that's how iv always been around bikes
Right on, that's cool as hell man.
I never had a dad growing up, my mom was a single parent.. but she used to race and build cars so she knows her way around a garage lol its kinda funny, when I was about 15 I started buying broke down sports cars, fixed them, and sold them for a profit. She knows old school motors, so I taught myself a lot that I know and we kinda teach each other about new/old motors and systems in the cars we work on.

Funny story, she had been out of working on cars for a good 10 years, and about 2 years back she picked up a 2000 firebird and wanted to do some mods and bring the beast out of it.. now I know 4th gen f bodies like the back of my hand.. she pulled in with it and started talking about what she wanted to do, and I just chuckled and said pop the hood.. opened the hood, she looked in and was like "eff that, let's just do exhaust and tune it" lol no room, no worky haha

Almost had her talked into a twin TD05 turbo setup though haha
Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Right on, that's cool as hell man.
I never had a dad growing up, my mom was a single parent.. but she used to race and build cars so she knows her way around a garage lol its kinda funny, when I was about 15 I started buying broke down sports cars, fixed them, and sold them for a profit. She knows old school motors, so I taught myself a lot that I know and we kinda teach each other about new/old motors and systems in the cars we work on.

Funny story, she had been out of working on cars for a good 10 years, and about 2 years back she picked up a 2000 firebird and wanted to do some mods and bring the beast out of it.. now I know 4th gen f bodies like the back of my hand.. she pulled in with it and started talking about what she wanted to do, and I just chuckled and said pop the hood.. opened the hood, she looked in and was like "eff that, let's just do exhaust and tune it" lol no room, no worky haha

Almost had her talked into a twin TD05 turbo setup though haha
In sorry to hear man, sounds like you did fine without anyways
Yeah my grandpa was my mentor

I had a firebird too, before I bought this

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3389755186.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	590.2 KB
ID:	110955

Name:	image-2503680395.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	485.4 KB
ID:	110956

Name:	image-4012115501.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	110957

Name:	image-1757159444.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	511.9 KB
ID:	110958
Old 05-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

In sorry to hear man, sounds like you did fine without anyways
Yeah my grandpa was my mentor

I had a firebird too, before I bought this
right on, what's years that? 96?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

right on, what's years that? 96?
Close
She was my original baby, but got into stangs and fell in love

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Everyone knows where the triangle is. I bet if you have a driver's license that says New Castle In. on it, they still won't let you in. Lol
Yepp the good old angle, drunk rednecks doin cotton eyed joe all night
Lol
Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Close
She was my original baby, but got into stangs and fell in love

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Yepp the good old angle, drunk rednecks doin cotton eyed joe all night
Lol
I feel it, I've loved stangs since I was 4 lol, had an 84 a couple years ago that a tree fell on the roof, then this january I bought my 95. Went from a 4 banger, to a six, I'm steadily working my way up to a v8 lol
Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I feel it, I've loved stangs since I was 4 lol, had an 84 a couple years ago that a tree fell on the roof, then this january I bought my 95. Went from a 4 banger, to a six, I'm steadily working my way up to a v8 lol
Lol
My dad had a 98 gt that he hooked nos up to
Loved the car
But the car that really made me fall in love was Eleanor from gone in 60 seconds
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol
My dad had a 98 gt that he hooked nos up to
Loved the car
But the car that really made me fall in love was Eleanor from gone in 60 seconds
Word, I saw an eleanor clone in person and nearly cried dude lol
Old 05-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Word, I saw an eleanor clone in person and nearly cried dude lol
1 day, I just wanna atleast sit in one
Old 05-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

1 day, I just wanna atleast sit in one
If you're ever in a position to buy a new car, they sell exact replicas hand built to your specifications for around 55-60k.. less than a new cobra

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:

If you're ever in a position to buy a new car, they sell exact replicas hand built to your specifications for around 55-60k.. less than a new cobra
Well, super snake at least lol
Old 05-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah iv seen that before, they wer on a show once, I wanna say history channel
Old 05-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh yeah iv seen that before, they wer on a show once, I wanna say history channel
Yeah, it was either history or speed, I think I know the show you're talking about.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, it was either history or speed, I think I know the show you're talking about.
Was pretty sweet

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang