Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What gauges to get

1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  BloodRedStang 
#1 ·
Well I saw the post about someone looking for a set of gauges and I've always wanted some gauges. I know I want a boost gauge but what other two should I get?

I want to put a turbo in as the last possible mod in my stang (that's a while down the road probably when I finish college) so if a gauge that goes with a turbo would also be good and the third one that moves alot. Sorry if I sound like a 5 year old but I know nothing about gauges lol

#3 ·
Yeah I was defiantly looking at the water and oil tep gauges. Just wondering but what's wrong with the boost gauge?

#4 ·
Don't do it just for looks, a couple months and enough people giving you **** for it will make you want to rip them out with a crowbar.

If you do turbo your car, then worry about a boost gauge.. however, if you have the same problem as a lot of mustang owners and your gauges are as useful as a broken wristwatch, might be worth putting a temp, oil psi, and volt gage in. Sunpro make some really nice small ones that you could install without them looking out of place. Autometer as well.

But please, consider not doing it if only for looks.. leave that for the honda guys.. lol

#5 ·
Haha guess ill probably just wait before I get gauges then lol

#6 ·
Lol, the functional ones wouldn't hurt. I don't trust 60% of the gauges on my dash, my temp says my cars overheating if my stereos on, my oil psi bends the needle on the "too high" side, my voltometer dances to the beat of whatever song is one.. and my gas gauge is between and 1/8th and 1/3rd of a tank depending on what time of the day I turn the car on.. they're useless.

#11 ·
here's my old autometers in the car...i'll be buying a new set if i can ever afford them again lol
Did you have to buy a whole new gauge setup or could you just install those two in there somehow with a kit?

#16 ·
You probably saw my post about gauges. I just ordered the Dual Pillar and ordered a Boost/Vacuum Gauge, and a Volt Gauge. I ordering two other gauges in a couple weeks and I'll be getting Oil Press. and Water Temp. And if people are giving you **** for a boost gauge, who cares. It's your car, you do what you want with it, it's your own style. The people that usually are talking smack are the ones who get everything handed to them and have tons of money. I think the Boost-Vacuum gauge is the better choice rather than JUST the boost gauge. I think they'd look sweet.

#17 ·
Haha thanks bro. And yeah you inspired me to want a set and yeah it'll probably be an oil pressure, water temp, and boost/vacuum gauge. 160 is alot but it's not to bad compared to other mods. After I get gauges and window tint and a tuner then all the mods will be 500 plus just for parts not including paying someone to install it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.