Throttle body spacer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Throttle body spacer

Hey I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these. My car is a 2000 V6 and I want to know if anyone ran into any trouble like if any of the cables still reached the throttle body after or if the cold air intake had a hard time fitting after.

Thanks.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
What's up man. I've got a 99 v6 bought a bigger throttle body with a CAI. No problems with it at all and I love it. Makes it a tight fit with the CAI but just gotta position it right and heat up the rubber fitter to go over the throttle body because its so much bigger.

You'll have to have a CAI for sure because the factory intake won't fit over the intake even if you have a heat gun.

All in all it's a great mod and probably the simplest to install out of all of them and gets you great gas mileage when paired with a CAI. Plus alot more get up and go.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hard to see the throttle body but that's mine after I installed it. Took me and hour or two to do both but that's with it being the dirt mods I'd ever done on my car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-600237446.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	522.1 KB
ID:	109971
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Cool, I am planning on doing the 65mm throttle body but I was hoping to get the Airaid poweraid spacer too that goes between the throttle body and the intake manifold and because it moves the the throttle body an inch away from the manifold I wanted to know if the cables along with the intake would still fit?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang19 View Post
Cool, I am planning on doing the 65mm throttle body but I was hoping to get the Airaid poweraid spacer too that goes between the throttle body and the intake manifold and because it moves the the throttle body an inch away from the manifold I wanted to know if the cables along with the intake would still fit?
Oops you said throttle body spacer. Yeah everything will fit but it'll be a real tight fit with the CAI. All the cables will reach no problem you'll just have to find a way for everything to fit length wise in the engine bay. But it should fit fine tho. I want to get one eventually.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I wouldn't buy a tb unless ur highly modified
Vsixpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsixpower View Post
I wouldn't buy a tb unless ur highly modified
Yeah I wasted money on it but at least I've got that mod out of the way. Wish I would have bought a tuner.... But hey I love modding my car!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i got one on my car because i traded some HID ballasts for it...which better not get shipped back to me this time lol. Smoothed out the lower RPMs a little but besides that all it did was make my K&N whistle more (from the filter not the gaskets)

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i got one on my car because i traded some HID ballasts for it...which better not get shipped back to me this time lol. Smoothed out the lower RPMs a little but besides that all it did was make my K&N whistle more (from the filter not the gaskets)
Did you have any problems during the install how did everything fit?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang19 View Post

Did you have any problems during the install how did everything fit?
You can buy the same thing off eBay for like 30$ and yes it fits good
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Simple install..you have to remove the old tb studs off the upper intake but no biggie.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang