Does anybody pump up the V6 fox bodies??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Does anybody pump up the V6 fox bodies???

The only one I've ever seen is the 10 second one from SSM.

I would love to get one of the 4 eyed fox bodies and drop in a carbed 4.2. just to be different.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
The v6 in the foxes are rare turds ^. I would do a 2.3t swap
Old 05-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm thinking I could buy a cheap fox GT and swap the engine into my sn95 then throw the 4.2 that I have right now into the fox.
If this guy still has one rusting away in his back-yard I might try work out a deal with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
What about the motor mounts and the drive shaft? I am sure there are several complications for a every day person to do a conversion.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I think all the motor mounts were the same from 84-95 for the GT 5.0.
So the 84-98 V6 motor mounts should be the same. if not, I'll just purchase some motor mounts for the 3.8, for whatever year I have.
I think there was a slight difference with how long the transmission input shaft was. Which means I would need a correct year bell housing. I'll just keep the transmission change the bell housing then I won't have to mess with the drive-shaft.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Seems to me that there are many more things that are cheaper, and less complicated one could do to be different. If you really want to be different drop a small diesel in it, or better yet convert it to all electric. That stuff would be different and worth showing off.

Just get a V8, if you for whatever reason don't want to do that then go with a 2.3 turbo. Really it doesn't make sense if you getting another car to not just get what you want right off the bat. V8 fox's are everywhere, and cheap too if you don't mind doing some work.

Swapping v6's between mustangs sounds like an incredible waste of time, but to each his own.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Find a nice notch and a decently built V6 would put you in the 12's N/A, granted everything is set up right, they are stupid light cars.. Hell that 278rwhp one of SSM's runs 11.8's on motor, if I took the motor out of my car and put in one I would be running low 12's (with proper suspension/weight reduction)

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Notch's are pretty rare where i'm at, I've seen probably only 3.(2 of them were on craigslist in nearby counties) I was thinking of buying a cheap fox hatchback GT, swapping the 5.0 into my 1995, and the 4.2 into the fox.
Then I could have a V8 in my 95, and the V6 in the lighter fox.
Then I could achieve two goals, I could have a V8 and with some money I build the V6(maybe make it faster than the V8) I mainly want a V8 for the beautiful sound that it makes.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
That makes more sense
Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The engine wiring harness be changed and the c.p.u. be flashed for the 5.0. Is that it to put it in a 95 body? Kind of noob in this area. I don't know if the 99 5.0 was fuel injected.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

the 99 didn't use a 5.0, it had a 4.6 in it, I think a 3v, might be 2v. I don't keep up with the 4.6's. I like pushrod engines better.

Almost all engines used fuel injection(TBI or multi-port) by the late 80's. IF you wanted to be unique though, I think they do sell carb kits for the 4.6L.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
The 99-04 GTs were 2v, the mach 1 and cobras were 4v, i think only the newer engines are 3v

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang