99-04 side scoop/window scoops - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
99-04 side scoop/window scoops

Does anyone know where I can buy side scoops that don't just use double sided tape? Also I met a guy who said that he bought side window scoops that didn't just stick on, but were a whole replacement panel with the scoops. Does anyone know where I could by either of them?
Markos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Have you checked AmericanMuscle.com? And your talking about the side window louvers correct? Their kind of pricey, and come not painted I believe.
Ju5tAsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ju5tAsix View Post
Have you checked AmericanMuscle.com? And your talking about the side window louvers correct? Their kind of pricey, and come not painted I believe.
Last I checked, AM only had side scoops that stick on and don't actually fasten to the car. And yeah, the side window louvers. I know AM ha them, but a guy told me he had gotten one them and they were full window panel replacements that didn't just stick on.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Last I checked, AM only had side scoops that stick on and don't actually fasten to the car. And yeah, the side window louvers. I know AM ha them, but a guy told me he had gotten one them and they were full window panel replacements that didn't just stick on.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

[QUOTE="Markos;1675484"]

Markos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy side scoops that don't just use double sided tape? Also I met a guy who said that he bought side window scoops that didn't just stick on, but were a whole replacement panel with the scoops. Does anyone know where I could by either of them?
I could be wrong, but I'm 90% sure that guy was BS' ing you. I've never heard of or seen a whole panel replacement louver. If he does indeed have something like that (and he is not just saying that when in fact his is held on by tape which is most likely the case) then he should have no problem telling you where he got them so you too can purchase them.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos View Post
I bought the side scoops for my 98 off of AM, the come unpainted but there is now an option to have them painted. I'm advice, if you want the scoops installed correctly, is to buy the unpainted ones, go to a body shop, get them to permanently put them on with bondo and/or screws then get a nice gloss finish over them. If you don't wanna invest that kind of money I wouldnt go for the scoops
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang