transmission problem? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
transmission problem?

so ive started to notice my car for lack of a better word jumping rpms? between 2000 and 3000 rmps it jumps about 200 rpms after kind of lagging for a split second. this is the best way i can think of to describe it. It isnt horribly noticeable but if you feel for it you can feel the car jumping. I started noticing it after installing a CAI could that be the reason? let me know what you think!
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldstrk View Post
so ive started to notice my car for lack of a better word jumping rpms? between 2000 and 3000 rmps it jumps about 200 rpms after kind of lagging for a split second. this is the best way i can think of to describe it. It isnt horribly noticeable but if you feel for it you can feel the car jumping. I started noticing it after installing a CAI could that be the reason? let me know what you think!
My 01 has the same problem. Do you have any leaks? I took it to a transmission shop and they said that motor oil is seeping into my tranny fluid and the rear u joints are shot. They recommended me a tranny rebuild. I've been driving like that for 2 years but it could give out at any given moment
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldstrk View Post
Check over everything you did to the CAI, mainly around the Mass Air Flow Meter. My best bet is that you have a leak somewhere or its not on tight enough.
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
My 01 has the same problem. Do you have any leaks? I took it to a transmission shop and they said that motor oil is seeping into my tranny fluid and the rear u joints are shot. They recommended me a tranny rebuild. I've been driving like that for 2 years but it could give out at any given moment
well lets hope i don't have the same problem.
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hope for the best, expect the worst man. It always help me cope with my car problems hahah
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang