New Owner....What do i do? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
New Owner....What do i do?

So I am a new owner. I have had many cars over the years but no mustangs. I am very big into my dodge but have not done any research into mustangs until now so this is a new field for me. I have a few things planed out for it but really need some advice on what should be done and is the best bang for my buck.

Up to this point to my knowledge everything is 100% stock

For now its gonna be converted into my DD/Weekend cruiser so i don't need a ton of power but want to be able to show off a bit.
I am starting stock, after browsing CL i found a set of 4.10 gears that are a little bigger than i had planed but for $50 i might bite on bigger gears. I will do a CAI on it probably last as my first big concern will be exhaust. I was thinking just keeping the single out pipe till I save enough money to buy the really nice dual set up kits online so what should i put on it for now to get some nice Rumble?

Since i just bought her I am on a budget (no set amount but anything i can get for cheap or will offer me the most bang for the buck is better) so let me hear what you have to say?

and please no "sell it and buy a v8" if I really wanted the V8 so bad i would of bought it.
NhFireSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Full exhaust, gears, tuner.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
are you talking about those cheap kits that go from the Y-pipe to make it look and sound like dual exhaust?
don't get those buy an actual midpipe.
I also suggest getting long tube headers(short-tubes offer no gains, just looks).
If you don't have to worry about emissions the Longtubes headers, catless and with a lumpy cam should sound pretty good with most mufflers, or straightpipes if you want to try that.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Don't get 4.10's for a DD that's just horrible for DD's
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaperez100 View Post
Don't get 4.10's for a DD that's just horrible for DD's
+1

Your mpg will go right down the toilet. Check out americanmuscle. Great products and customer service.
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I plan on getting the full kit with x pipe for the exhaust.
I was on american muscle looking at alot of their stuff earlier and checked out some of their videos too. I gotta look into a tuner from SCT, I have a friend that does his own tuning and said he would write me a program if i supplied the tuner so I have been on the hunt for one
Old 06-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've heard the x-pipe is the worst for V6's, h-pipe, divorced pipes or pro-chamber(kinda like a single chamber muffler)
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
I've heard the x-pipe is the worst for V6's, h-pipe, divorced pipes or pro-chamber(kinda like a single chamber muffler)
In have an x pipe from pypes and it sounds pretty dam good. I have flow 40's right now on it and It sounds good. Not loud enough so I went with the slp lm1's. I've seen many people rant and rave about the prochamber though
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
first off welcome and please post pics. as for your modding concerns an exhaust is a great first place to start. browse youtube, and find dualed sixxers in person...believe me people don't mind revving them if you ask to hear them lol. there's loads of setups and they are all really just personal taste. if you're looking for a rumble consider an h pipe or prochamber. if rasp is the tone you want look into that x pipe. mufflers of course are just what sounds good to you. good call on a CAI last since it's a pretty useless mod except for cleaning up the engine bay. popping off the air silencer and dropping in a high flow filter will achieve the same. feel free to browse the v6 section and see what's been done. believe me if you have a question it's already been asked most likely and you can see what others have done.

again welcome to the site

1slosix
staff

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

thank you. I saw your sticky btw great info im not sure 100% what to go for as of yet but ill keep up on the research. I will have to look into that silencer and see about removing it.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
yeah it's literally stuck on the airbox and held on by a bolt...just unbolt your box from the fender with a socket and yank that sucker off...instant better breathing

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang