Sad Sad day... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dang women drivers : P

But really, sorry for your loss.
katynthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by katynthor View Post
Dang women drivers : P

But really, sorry for your loss.
Lol.. come to ohio, I was taught how to drive by a woman..(oddly enough, she's the best driver I know both on and off the track) but for the most part, the woman drivers around here are remedial tweens that are too worried about their makeup and drama that they don't belong within 100 feet of a motorway.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

Lol.. come to ohio, I was taught how to drive by a woman..(oddly enough, she's the best driver I know both on and off the track) but for the most part, the woman drivers around here are remedial tweens that are too worried about their makeup and drama that they don't belong within 100 feet of a motorway.
And the guys are just as bad.
I don't like bragging, but I have verifiable proof, I'm a better driver than 99% of the guys in my age demographic around here.. I've had near misses more than id like to recall, but I've had people get out of their cars and ask me what driving lessons I've taken to be good at defensive/offensive driving..lol evasive driving too XD
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I blame the price of gas for the price of cars
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

And the guys are just as bad.
I don't like bragging, but I have verifiable proof, I'm a better driver than 99% of the guys in my age demographic around here.. I've had near misses more than id like to recall, but I've had people get out of their cars and ask me what driving lessons I've taken to be good at defensive/offensive driving..lol evasive driving too XD
Don't forget texting, I live by Dayton, and all the women around here text nonstop while texting
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
I blame the price of gas for the price of cars
I don't doubt there's some truth to that. I've watched the price of muscle cars in particular, and resale is steadily going down.. no one wants a 11-15 mpg guzzler right now. I mean, I do, but most sane people don't lol

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blovett55 View Post

Don't forget texting, I live by Dayton, and all the women around here text nonstop while texting
Word.. its rediculous man. But up here, the guys do it too. I love the ones that will be texting with one hand, smoke a cig with the other.. or something else of that nature..
I watched a girl driving a civic not too long ago, had a starschmucks coffee in one hand, was on her phone *****ing someone out with the other.. and I KNOW for a fact the car was a standard.. HOW DID SHE DO IT??? Lol I have a goofy excuse of a cupholder in my 95 (stupid thing that flips out of the center console) and just going 3 blocks down for a fountain soda in my cars interesting because nothing fits in that thing.. usually I just get out of the parking spot, leave it in second and take off/engine brake my way home lol
Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Talked to the company and basically everyone that's ever seen a car within 50 miles..
They're still giving me a line of BS. So I'm playing the waiting game with them, I provided a list of vehicles within 100 miles for sale that show actual market value of cars similar to mine, they put that through to be verified.

I'm about to just tell them $2500 and a fifth of jack daniels and we can settle now. If they ask why the jack daniels, ill just tell them id like to have a drink after I get screwed.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #42
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
I'm about to just tell them $2500 and a fifth of jack daniels and we can settle now. If they ask why the jack daniels, ill just tell them id like to have a drink after I get screwed.
This made me lol

But don't give up! Keep fighting until you get a FAIR offer. It might be a tedious process, but it's worth it in the end.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post

This made me lol

But don't give up! Keep fighting until you get a FAIR offer. It might be a tedious process, but it's worth it in the end.
lol, it is tedious.. just gotta play their game and call their bluff wherever possible.

thanks for all the support!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Went to the local ford dealership and talked to the sales manager, he wrote a "appraisal" for me with a printout of the nada value, stating that that's what they value the car at, and that reflects the true market value of the car. The insurance company is getting in touch with a appraiser to come look at my car and value it on the insurance companies behalf, then the guy at the dealership and the insurance's appraiser will speak and arbitrate a mutual agreement on value..
This oughta be fun
Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

So, both appraisers have looked the car over, the insurance company's appraiser got in touch with my guy and from what he's saying, they're gonna be agreeing on $2000 bucks...
After all the bull**** I've already gone through with this insurance company, and speaking with my lawyer.. I think that's the best I'm gonna get out of them.

So, I should know more tomorrow, but if that's the case I'm going to buy the car back and probably sell it to help fund my gt.
I've been talking to a lady about 3 hours south of me that has a 94 gt, motor was just rebuilt and built up with a ton of upgrades.. got less than 100 miles on the rebuild, but when they put more power to it, the trans gave andnow it slips pretty good whenever you really mash the pedal.. I can find a replacement auto trans with less than 100k miles for 100-150 bucks all day long so I'm thinking this deal might be good. She's asking 1800 obo for the car, figure I can get it cheaper, put 200 into the trans and get a shift kit and/or stall converter.

Which leads me to a question, I don't know much abouyt built auto trannies, if I get a shift kit, do I need a stall converter? Or would a stall AND a shift kit just add to the fun?
Old 07-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

well, the 95 v6 is a thing of the past. Settled with the insurance, bought the car back, and traded it on a salvage title and $1100 cash for a built up 95 gt.

I did however keep the pony logo off the v6. My girl got me this sign for my birthday last year, it looks like a street name sign but it says MUSTANG AVE. And has ponies at either side, I think with the pony off my v6 and the pony off my gt I'm gonna make a shelf display to commemorate the mustangs I've had/will have over the years.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

« Plan? | Quadrant »