Sad Sad day... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Sad Sad day...

Well, I might not have my 95 much longer..

Got into a wreck with a girl earlier today, from the looks of things the frame rails are bent, its definately going to need a bumper, core support, headlights, driver side fender, hood, and headlight support panel. But with it being 18 years old and the damage.. it'll prolly be totalled out.
So, Sally might be going to a scrapyard

I will say however, I was not cited for the wreck, she was found at fault, and if they do total my car out, I will be buying another stang. More than likely an 88-92 GT.

But yeah, sad day man, sad day.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
Well, I might not have my 95 much longer..

Got into a wreck with a girl earlier today, from the looks of things the frame rails are bent, its definately going to need a bumper, core support, headlights, driver side fender, hood, and headlight support panel. But with it being 18 years old and the damage.. it'll prolly be totalled out.
So, Sally might be going to a scrapyard

I will say however, I was not cited for the wreck, she was found at fault, and if they do total my car out, I will be buying another stang. More than likely an 88-92 GT.

But yeah, sad day man, sad day.
Sorry to hear that man! It's always good that ur okay though
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, me and my girl were in the car, I was able to slow it down enough before impact so we didn't get too messed up, my girl hurt her shoulder but she's ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Damn man, that sucks. Hopefully the insurance takes care if the medical expenses more importantly. And try getting yourself a newer car out of the insurance. More reliable you know? 80's and 90's stangs are great and all but you should have a good DD as well
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
New edge gt :p
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
New edge gt :p
Yeah! NE's are pretty reliable. Just ask my 2 NE DD's never once broken down on me
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Idk what's going to happen, found out I might not be insured, ill find that out in a couple hours.. so hopefully the girl who was at faults insurance covers my car and med expenses.

I have to take the car for a estimate and submit it to insurance so idk when ill find out if its totalled. If it is, and they cut me a check, I may very well look into a new edge gt.. or say screw it and use the cash as a down payment on an 05-06..
Old 06-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
What do u mean not insured? If it was found to be her fault, her insurance will be responsible for the tab but depending on ur insurance, sometimes they will pay and recoup from them.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
What do u mean not insured? If it was found to be her fault, her insurance will be responsible for the tab but depending on ur insurance, sometimes they will pay and recoup from them.
I mean, I was on my moms insurance, moved out, moved back in, and a bunch of other crap. Idk if I'm still covered.. I've not had a reason to check in almost a year and a half.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Ohhhh ok. I'm sure if u weren't covered ur mom woulda told u. U don't have a current insurance card? Sorry, not tryin to be nosey, just trying to help.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The insurance company my mom had me on was tip toeing around telling me if I have insurance, so I said screw it and went and got my own policy today. Heard from the girls insurance, and had an estimate done today.. $2,611.87 in damage, so if the insurance company inspection says the same the car will be totalled out, they'll cut me a check for the full value of the car, I get to keep the car.. plus they're going to be paying mine and my girls med bills and personal compensation.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
So did you get a citation for no insurance?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, and they'll pay for either a rental car, or $15 a day from the time of the accident to them cutting the check for me not having transportation.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
So did you get a citation for no insurance?
I have no citations as of right now. The state trooper said he was going to get back with me within a few days to finish everything up.. I'm going to explain to him the level of clusterfookery that went on and that I have valid insurance on me and my vehicle
Old 06-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

If ur mom had it on u, just have a copy ready.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
If ur mom had it on u, just have a copy ready.
I never carried insurance cards, the place she got it from won't give me a straight answer.. chances are I didn't. I do now though, I'm just hoping it won't screw with the other insurance company paying for my car and stuff. Ill be majorly pissed if that's the case.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
My condolences. Happy to hear no one was hurt though.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
My condolences. Happy to hear no one was hurt though.
Thanks man, were ok. Definately be better once this insurance fiasco is over with but its all good.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:58 AM   #18
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Just as a word of advise from someone that was in the same situation about a year ago, don't take the insurance company's first offer if they do decide to go ahead total it. Best of luck!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just as a word of advise from someone that was in the same situation about a year ago, don't take the insurance company's first offer if they do decide to go ahead total it. Best of luck!
ill definately keep that in mind. I've got a lot in this car, I'm not taking a huge hit because of someone elses carelessness if I can help it. Thanks man!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta go tomorrow morning around 9-10 and have the insurance company inspect the car and ill be talking to insurance reps and inspectors most of the day tomorrow.. wish me luck lol I've got my lawyers number on speed dial haha
Old 07-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

They will total it out, as a 94-5 3.8 is only worth around 1k in fair condition.

They will probably offer 300-500. My brother in law was less unfortunate getting 225 for his 95 that had 76k miles from progressive. Insurance companies love getting money, not give it away. But definitely don't let them pay any less than they should.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #22
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

I got $4850 for my 2001 Hyundai Elantra with 101000 miles on it. The first offer was for ~$3500, but I declined that offer and showed them what my car in similar condition was going for in my area. I also accounted for every penny I spent on the car like CAI, recent repairs, etc. If you kick and moan enough they'll pay you.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

The rep. Tried offering me 1400, and said that the guy I've been dealing with has lied and that I would have to buy my car back instead of just being able to keep it.. I told her I would have to consult with my lawyer and she started changing her tone. I am going to be on the phone with the guy I've been dealing with today though. These cars with as many miles or more are going for 3-5k around here.. and my car still books between 28-3700. Plus I've got ~1500 in upgrades/aftermarket mods. Its going to be an interesting battle.. I hate insurance companies
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang
The rep. Tried offering me 1400, and said that the guy I've been dealing with has lied and that I would have to buy my car back instead of just being able to keep it.. I told her I would have to consult with my lawyer and she started changing her tone. I am going to be on the phone with the guy I've been dealing with today though. These cars with as many miles or more are going for 3-5k around here.. and my car still books between 28-3700. Plus I've got ~1500 in upgrades/aftermarket mods. Its going to be an interesting battle.. I hate insurance companies
You have to buy it back at salvage value if they total it. They don't pay you full value and just let you keep it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #25
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Good for you. I hate when people don't stand up and get ripped off.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

You have to buy it back at salvage value if they total it. They don't pay you full value and just let you keep it.
According to the rep I had been dealing with, they were going to let me keep it and pay me the value of the car.. and if I decided to let them have it they would give me a little more.. I had a feeling that was a little fishy. No wonder my spidey senses tingled like a mofo.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Good for you. I hate when people don't stand up and get ripped off.
This war has just started brother lol had it been one of my previous cars totalled out (celica, eclipse, ranger, civic etc..) I would have said eff it, cut the check. But screwing with a mans mustang is like screwing with a mans lady.. someone might get smacked in the lookers haha
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I had a 01 v6 with over 140,000 miles and the gave me $4700 for when it was only worth $3500 max so I guess I just got realy lucky and they were gonna let me keep my wheels off it if I didnt buy it back for $900.
fwalck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Talked to my lawyer, had an "appraisal" done a dealership in the next town over and now I'm waiting to hear from the wonderful idiots at the total loss department of the insurance company.. the claims adjuster I talked to in person this morning that gave me the first offer stopped talking to me and put me with some higher up as soon as I mentioned the word "lawyer" lol
So far, the concenus is to hit them with a counter offer of $3500 and see where it goes from there.. I'm just going to flat out tell them ill settle out of court right now for 3500 and see what their counter offer is.
Right now I'm looking up part prices for all the things that have gone into the car.. I know that the exhaust, intake, and a couple other things came from AM so those parts are around ~1000, plus the aftermarket head unit, and base value of the car.

The personal compensation, medical, and work/transportation reimbursement is another ball game.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Soo, just got off the phone with the total loss department.. according to them, there is no wiggle room for them to come up from their 1400 offer.. soo, I told him to get an appraiser if they want, or the other options are we come to an agreement outside of court, or they'll be speaking to my lawyer. He's "seeing what he can do". But I'm sorry, I'm not going to agree to an offer of 1400.. the lowest book value available is 2265, and that's in poor/fair condition. My car was considered good condition from the body shops I've spoken to..
I really don't want to deal with a court settlement, so do you guys have any ideas? Any magic words? Lol I've already learned they don't like the word lawyer.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #30
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Give them a solid list of comparable cars around where you live, because they're job is to replace the that was lost.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #31
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You're gonna have to have your lawyer send them a summons. My brother was facing a similar situation and the other party and their attorney doubled their original offer in an attempt to keep it out of court.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
You're gonna have to have your lawyer send them a summons. My brother was facing a similar situation and the other party and their attorney doubled their original offer in an attempt to keep it out of court.
I'm not dealing with the girl that hit me, I'm dealing with the insurance company directly.
I'm waiting on a call from them Monday. I've compiled a list of 94-96 mustang's for sale within 100 miles.. and the only 3 that could be purchased for their offer either don't have a drivetrain, blown motor, or a wrecked rust bucket.. the cheapest one in similar condition to mine is $2500.
And I've made a list of the aftermarket addons I've done with prices and part numbers.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

I'm not dealing with the girl that hit me, I'm dealing with the insurance company directly.
I'm waiting on a call from them Monday. I've compiled a list of 94-96 mustang's for sale within 100 miles.. and the only 3 that could be purchased for their offer either don't have a drivetrain, blown motor, or a wrecked rust bucket.. the cheapest one in similar condition to mine is $2500.
And I've made a list of the aftermarket addons I've done with prices and part numbers.
Where do you live?! That'll get you a 94-95 gt around me. Sixxers that old sell for about 1k here. People try to ask more but those ads stay up for months, then the seller drops the price. Crazy how different prices are across the country.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You may lose out on the aftermarket parks. If you buy it back from the insurance company you will have a Salvage Title. It would make it hard to sell and you might not be able to insure it. Hope it works out for you.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

Where do you live?! That'll get you a 94-95 gt around me. Sixxers that old sell for about 1k here. People try to ask more but those ads stay up for months, then the seller drops the price. Crazy how different prices are across the country.
I'm in central ohio.. every car is expensive as ***** here.. rusted out 92 civics go for 2k around here man.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
You may lose out on the aftermarket parks. If you buy it back from the insurance company you will have a Salvage Title. It would make it hard to sell and you might not be able to insure it. Hope it works out for you.
I prolly will, but I'm not accepting any offers til its fair for the market.

I am going to buy it back unless they offer a really good deal. But I don't intend to insure it again honestly. It'll be torn down and used as a project, I know that I CAN insure it, but ill probably use it for drag or drift.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

« Plan? | Quadrant »