Opinions of a t3/t4 turbo? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Opinions of a t3/t4 turbo?

Topic says it all. What do all of you think about one? How much horses would I be pushing? There's a guy on Craigslist who's selling one for cheap. Would it fit on my 3.8? Any and all feedback is great

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2595293571.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	116626
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post
Topic says it all. What do all of you think about one? How much horses would I be pushing? There's a guy on Craigslist who's selling one for cheap. Would it fit on my 3.8? Any and all feedback is great
What's the price, I'd be fairly confident that this is an ebay kit, the t3/t4 is put in a turbo kit from fastwayracer.com if he's asking more than 800 for the complete kit(didn't see a price)
As in universal piping, turbo, bov, ect
For 800 these kits came with everything but your exhaust and intake manifold adapter
So if he's asking more for less, go to ebay
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blovett55 View Post

What's the price, I'd be fairly confident that this is an ebay kit, the t3/t4 is put in a turbo kit from fastwayracer.com if he's asking more than 800 for the complete kit(didn't see a price)
As in universal piping, turbo, bov, ect
For 800 these kits came with everything but your exhaust and intake manifold adapter
So if he's asking more for less, go to ebay
He said the brand was Godspeed. I never heard of them so idk of they're a knockoff maybe? But he's looking for $700
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Also, is a t3/t4 turbo good for my car? What will my gains look like?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, if its the same I'm thinking of, it's a 3.2-3.9 aka v6 turbo good for automatic cars because it spools quick in low to mid rpm range

I'd offer like $500
Godspeed is also ebay and their all universal kits, he wants $700 well for extra $100 you can buy complete kit and its brand new and deff has all the parts in the kit

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Yes, if its the same I'm thinking of, it's a 3.2-3.9 aka v6 turbo good for automatic cars because it spools quick in low to mid rpm range

I'd offer like $500
Godspeed is also ebay and their all universal kits, he wants $700 well for extra $100 you can buy complete kit and its brand new and deff has all the parts in the kit
Make sure there's no play in the turbo
Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd offer like $500

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Make sure there's no play in the turbo
I see. He said that I would need to but a different manifold because the one he has won't fit. That would cost me around how much? Other than that I think the kits pretty much complete. Just for *****s and giggles. If somewhere down the lint I wanted to TT it, would it be possible with and already existent single set up? Would I just add more piping?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I see. He said that I would need to but a different manifold because the one he has won't fit. That would cost me around how much? Other than that I think the kits pretty much complete. Just for *****s and giggles. If somewhere down the lint I wanted to TT it, would it be possible with and already existent single set up? Would I just add more piping?
I believe I looked before just do v6 mustang turbo manifold price and ull get a few, I believe when I looked its bout $60
And for twin turbo, more pipe, different intercooler because you need instead of a 1 in 1 out, will need 2 in 1 or 2 out

And that answers it, it's an eBay kit, a twin turbo ebay kit is bout $1300
Old 07-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I believe I looked before just do v6 mustang turbo manifold price and ull get a few, I believe when I looked its bout $60
And for twin turbo, more pipe, different intercooler because you need instead of a 1 in 1 out, will need 2 in 1 or 2 out

And that answers it, it's an eBay kit, a twin turbo ebay kit is bout $1300
I've seen people on here say that ebay kits are trash and will blow up your engine. Idk whether I should keep looking or settle. Like I said I haven't heard anything really from this company. Would it add 50hp or something along those lines? Also, what brand are you going with?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've seen people on here say that ebay kits are trash and will blow up your engine. Idk whether I should keep looking or settle. Like I said I haven't heard anything really from this company. Would it add 50hp or something along those lines? Also, what brand are you going with?
Iv heard same, that's cheap for turbo so people say you buy cheap it'll be cheap
Personally I thought bout it but ill prob supercharge mine with the m112 supercharger

Depending in boost you run, prob 9psi safe is what I hear for v6 ull prob make 50 without supporting mods
Old 07-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Godspeed is known to be a cheap brand
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Godspeed is known to be a cheap brand that
Yes it is
Old 07-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Iv heard same, that's cheap for turbo so people say you buy cheap it'll be cheap
Personally I thought bout it but ill prob supercharge mine with the m112 supercharger

Depending in boost you run, prob 9psi safe is what I hear for v6 ull prob make 50 without supporting mods
Dude id love to go with the eaton. Their sound is amazing but the adapter plate is what, $900? I could get the m112 off a 03/04 cobra and CAI from Craigslist right now for about $300 with about 1500 miles. Is there anywhere that sells the plate cheaper?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude id love to go with the eaton. Their sound is amazing but the adapter plate is what, $900? I could get the m112 off a 03/04 cobra and CAI from Craigslist right now for about $300 with about 1500 miles. Is there anywhere that sells the plate cheaper?
Mysteed performance, they sell it for $800
I'm in the same spot, I can buy all that stuff off a cobra for about $300 also, all of the parts that you need from mysteed, if you part it together, all in all your spend about $1500 at mysteed
I believe including the adapter
So if you go The right way with a turbo, it's about $3000
I'm actually doing all my supporting mods kind of paycheck to paycheck right now, once I get all those done, I'll be supercharging my car
Old 07-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mysteed performance, they sell it for $800
I'm in the same spot, I can buy all that stuff off a cobra for about $300 also, all of the parts that you need from mysteed, if you part it together, all in all your spend about $1500 at mysteed
I believe including the adapter
So if you go The right way with a turbo, it's about $3000
I'm actually doing all my supporting mods kind of paycheck to paycheck right now, once I get all those done, I'll be supercharging my car
What all supporting mods are you doing? Tb and such? Have you done a rear end swap
Old 07-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What all supporting mods are you doing? Tb and such? Have you done a rear end swap
One of my mustangs already has an 8.8 rear
But my green one is the one getting the supercharger, so it needs a new rear end, will have drilled and slotted rotors, new centri-posi calipers, sway bars, sub frame connectors, will need a new hood, injectors, fuel pump
List goes on and on
But see my green mustang was bought for $900 and stock around where I live is worth about $4200 so if I spend $3000 in it, I'm still in positive, even supercharged the car will go up atleast to $5000
Old 07-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

One of my mustangs already has an 8.8 rear
But my green one is the one getting the supercharger, so it needs a new rear end, will have drilled and slotted rotors, new centri-posi calipers, sway bars, sub frame connectors, will need a new hood, injectors, fuel pump
List goes on and on
But see my green mustang was bought for $900 and stock around where I live is worth about $4200 so if I spend $3000 in it, I'm still in positive, even supercharged the car will go up atleast to $5000
We're you the one with the right rear bashed in? I bought mine for 4300, so it's gonna be a labor of love lol. What hood are you going to go with? I
Old 07-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We're you the one with the right rear bashed in? I bought mine for 4300, so it's gonna be a labor of love lol. What hood are you going to go with? I
Yeah, I'll probably spend the rest of my paycheck fixing that this week
My black one has a 3 inch cowl hood, so I'll probably put that on my green car also

Name:	image-1173093431.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	116769

Name:	image-2916015825.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	116770

Name:	image-1352555334.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	472.6 KB
ID:	116771

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang