Please heeeelp!!!!!!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Exclamation Please heeeelp!!!!!!!!!!

Let me see how can I start..... Mmmmm (hope somebody understand what I'm gonna talk about cause I'm really bad explaining things)

Yesterday I was driving my mustang on my way home and all of a sudden it started slipping and running pretty badly like if the shift was on neutral, the engine was like running very fast but my car wasn't responding, suddenly after trying to check under the hood what went wrong, I tried to run it again and it started running well for a couple of minutes and then it starts slipping again.
I noticed that when I decreased speed to stop at the light it shoot off, I started it again and it was shaking very badly,then it keeps running normal till I decrease speed to stop, again it turned off. I was checking it as soon I arrived to my home and it starts, but when I put it in reverse it started running but then it turned off again.....

This issue had frustrated me a lot cause as you guys I love my car and I'm afraid it could be an issue that can cost me a lot

Can somebody tell me what can I do and what is happening?
Thanks!
siulnagap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Your tranny is trash. If it's an automatic or manual transmission you have problems.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Its automatic, so what youre telling me I need to replace the tranny?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Yes. Probably a rebuild on it.

The cost will range widely depending on who you get a quote from. I would say anywhere
from $1300-$2300.

Sorry your having this problem. I hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for letting me know, Now that I remember, my car has been lacking of speed like it had a vaccum leak and suddenly the battery light came on for no reason,I tough it was the alternator but I checked it and it was good, yesterday when that happened I was checking the crank pulley cause all the piece behind it was moving weird, I dont know if it supposed to do that cause I never pay attention to that area till yesterday
Old 07-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Are you sure it was slipping? And not just getting gas and running weak?
SpeedyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, I was pressing down the pedal but all of a sudden it started running slow,but you could hear the engine running fast, as soon I released the pedal to slow down and stop it turned off, I started it again and it started running well for a couple of min and suddenly it started to do the same again, and the thing was it turned off when I brake to stop the car on a red light, I made it home that way and the engine didnt overheat at all
Old 07-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've seen used transmission sell for less than what it cost to rebuild one.
If you have the money a rebuilt one would basically be brand new, and probably never have any problems for a long time(depending on who did the work)

Quality Used Transmissions: Find them both from Quality Used Transmissions
I don't know anything about this site, but when I punched my mustang in(also an auto) it would be $690 for a used transmission with 1 year parts and labor warranty, $595 without the warranty.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang