too many miles >_< - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jorge Hernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southgate
Region: California
Posts: 142
too many miles >_<

So I'm having a dilemma I don't know if I should swap out my 2004 v6 engine for a new one(newer) or upgrade its cuz I'm very very attached this car it was a gift from my dad for my 18 birthday oh and the car has 189,xxx.2 miles on it
Jorge Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Hernandez View Post
So I'm having a dilemma I don't know if I should swap out my 2004 v6 engine for a new one(newer) or upgrade its cuz I'm very very attached this car it was a gift from my dad for my 18 birthday oh and the car has 189,xxx.2 miles on it
Mileage is just a number brotha! Given the car was taken care of and properly maintain throughout its life..
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jorge Hernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southgate
Region: California
Posts: 142
And Idk cuz my dad got it from some guy who didn't take care of it much cuz he didn't even change the oil filter once on it not even break fluid and we had got it ina pretty bad condition but slowly nurtured it to a good health lol
Jorge Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Hernandez View Post
And Idk cuz my dad got it from some guy who didn't take care of it much cuz he didn't even change the oil filter once on it not even break fluid and we had got it ina pretty bad condition but slowly nurtured it to a good health lol
Wait you bought a car with an oil filter than was never once changed? How many miles did u purchase it at?
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jorge Hernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southgate
Region: California
Posts: 142
190,000 well it was changed a couple of time but damn when we took it off it was clamped onto it so tight we had to puncture it to remove it
Jorge Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Hernandez View Post
190,000 well it was changed a couple of time but damn when we took it off it was clamped onto it so tight we had to puncture it to remove it
Does your car run good?
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jorge Hernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southgate
Region: California
Posts: 142
Yeah it runs pretty good
Jorge Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Don't worry about replacing it until it craps, the 6er motors are decent cheap and can be found at most junkyards (4.2's and 3.8's)
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blovett55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Region: Ohio
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Don't worry about replacing it until it craps, the 6er motors are decent cheap and can be found at most junkyards (4.2's and 3.8's)
+1
I can buy them up here in ohio for $300 or less all day, that's y I wanna supercharge so bad, because if I do blow the engine(which I don't want to) I can easily have a new one
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mummert_96v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: new oxford
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Hernandez View Post
So I'm having a dilemma I don't know if I should swap out my 2004 v6 engine for a new one(newer) or upgrade its cuz I'm very very attached this car it was a gift from my dad for my 18 birthday oh and the car has 189,xxx.2 miles on it
I wouldn't be to worried about it. The v6 is a good motor unless he was beating the **** out of it. And the oil problem I wouldn't worry about it, my car went 11,000 miles in between oil change from the last guy ignoring it. And mines got 221xxx. So I wouldn't be to worried
mummert_96v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blovett55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Region: Ohio
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummert_96v6 View Post

I wouldn't be to worried about it. The v6 is a good motor unless he was beating the **** out of it. And the oil problem I wouldn't worry about it, my car went 11,000 miles in between oil change from the last guy ignoring it. And mines got 221xxx. So I wouldn't be to worried
Dude I was so scared last night with my engine, I was driving home from fireworks, and I took an alley way to get out of traffic, and out of nowhere both sides of the alley dip down and in the middle it was really high asphalt, the scraping from my engine and bottom of my car sounded terrible
I was so worried I was going to start leaking oil or something
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
mummert_96v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: new oxford
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blovett55 View Post

Dude I was so scared last night with my engine, I was driving home from fireworks, and I took an alley way to get out of traffic, and out of nowhere both sides of the alley dip down and in the middle it was really high asphalt, the scraping from my engine and bottom of my car sounded terrible
I was so worried I was going to start leaking oil or something
It should be fine if it didn't leak yet
mummert_96v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blovett55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Region: Ohio
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummert_96v6 View Post
It should be fine if it didn't leak yet
Yeah I haven't checked yet today, last night the whole way home I was watching my oil gauge
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Surffer227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 570
Most likely you scraped your exhaust, I'm lowered and I scrape my cat on almost EVERYTHING I go over lol
Surffer227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blovett55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville
Region: Ohio
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffer227 View Post
Most likely you scraped your exhaust, I'm lowered and I scrape my cat on almost EVERYTHING I go over lol
Ha ha, I hope that's all that happened, its stock exhaust so I could care less
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

« CAI | Headers »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.