I NEED A FAST ANSWER! 2002 gt engine swap for 1995 mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I NEED A FAST ANSWER! 2002 gt engine swap for 1995 mustang

My cousin just wrecked his 2002 gt, the body is wrecked but the engine and everything is still good. I just checked it out, only thing that was leaking was the radiator and the transmission was leaking before he wrecked it.
He says it's pushing ATLEAST 300hp, and it has 4.10 gears with a 5 speed transmission(tranny might need to be rebuildt or replaced) I can get it for $280.

I'm pretty sure it will fit, I just want some more assurance before I spend $280 on it.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

It's a complete parts car.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
My cousin just wrecked his 2002 gt, the body is wrecked but the engine and everything is still good. I just checked it out, only thing that was leaking was the radiator and the transmission was leaking before he wrecked it.
He says it's pushing ATLEAST 300hp, and it has 4.10 gears with a 5 speed transmission(tranny might need to be rebuildt or replaced) I can get it for $280.

I'm pretty sure it will fit, I just want some more assurance before I spend $280 on it.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

It's a complete parts car.
He ain't pushing 300hp with just 4:10s, these 2v 4.6 engines need at least full bolt ons + cams to come near 300hp to the wheels, MAYBE if your lucky with a good tune you'll hit 300 rwhp with full bolt ons and cams
Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

300 at the crank, is what he's guessing. it's got some boltons with raised compression and someother stuff, this is what the guy said that he bought it from. No one really knows but it sounds good and it's pretty fast.
I need to know if it will fit, either way it's faster than my V6 and I have a WHOLE parts car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
lol for that price you could turn around and quadruple your cash easily as a parts car. just buy it

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I jumped on it, I only had a few hours to decide if I wanted it or he would of probably just let the towing company keep it.
I feel like the $280 is worth it for the rear-end alone, I haven't torn it apart yet but chances are the tranny might be junk.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i'd do a swap...if the engine is good go find a salvaged tranny...you have the engine computer and hook ups so go for it

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

should everything fit from the new edge? Like the K-member and transmission mounts. I know the body styles are basically the same thing but are their any little differences I should watch out for?
Old 07-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Also, lets say the transmission is shot, can I use the 4.6 with my stock automatic.
Me and my dad were talking about it and he said we might be able to just use the auto, and not have to deal with swapping over the clutch and pedals.
I told him the transmission would probably break after awhile, then he said we could just find a cheap c4 or small c6.
(whats a good automatic for the 4.6?)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang