A/C Issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Region: Alabama
Question A/C Issues

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and to the Mustang world, even though I am very mechanically inclined I am not a master mechanic in no way. I recently bought a 2003 Mustang V6 with manual transmission.

I had a problem with a sticky gas pedal and gave some adjustment to the adjusting screw, but later found out it was some carbon build up in the TB so cleaning took care of that. My A/C had been working flawless since I acquired the car a little over a month ago. Yesterday when driving to school I notice my A/C compressor will cycle on/off blowing hot air every now and then during the trip. I told myself it could be my mind playing tricks since it was well over 90 degrees outside. I had read the temp on the vent during my trip with a pulp thermometer and it was between 60-80 degrees. When it used to be between 45-55 degrees days before.

Got back in my car after class and turned on the A/C and it worked fine. Got home, car rested until next day. Drove to school next day and A/C worked just fine. Got out of class got in car and A/C is not working now. I found fuse F1.10 20 Amp blown and have replaced it since.

Things I have done.
Replaced F1.10 Fuse.
Checked fuses under hood and under dash and they are all good.
Checked for pressure in the A/C system and is good.
Put jumper cable in low pressure switch where the bottle is next to firewall. I hear a little thud, my RPM's raise but no cold coming out of course because the compressor clutch is not engaging.

Things I have not done yet.
Check voltages. I have not yet checked power on the compressor plug ( I had to work and will wait to get dirty tomorrow).
I have not checked the high pressure switch yet.

I have read it could be a bad CCRM? Any other pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Car is completely stock AFAIK.

MrxBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
could be the switch itself not letting the thing engage...i'd check for voltage and see if anything has fried. that would cause the fuse to blow for sure.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang