04 Rear end - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
04 Rear end

Hey guys I have a 93 F150 W/302, 2 Wheel drive, how do I find out if it has or doesn't have 8.8 rear end.
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
It's got an 8.8 that's 5 lug and 31 spline from the factory.
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post
Hey guys I have a 93 F150 W/302, 2 Wheel drive, how do I find out if it has or doesn't have 8.8 rear end.
I'm thinking it does not because it only spun one wheel, 8.8 rears are posi correct.
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
I can't think of a f-series that came with anything smaller than an 8.8. Early 80's they had 9 in's in the back and now most of them have that I believe a 10.5 rearend.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post

I'm thinking it does not because it only spun one wheel, 8.8 rears are posi correct.
No no no lol. They didn't come with posi's, even the 93-95 lightning didn't have a posi unit, just and open diff.
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
LuvStangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webbers Falls
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
I can't think of a f-series that came with anything smaller than an 8.8. Early 80's they had 9 in's in the back and now most of them have that I believe a 10.5 rearend.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------



No no no lol. They didn't come with posi's, even the 93-95 lightning didn't have a posi unit, just and open diff.
Ok, I'm a shade tree mechanic, I just have this truck sitting here waiting to be junked trans is out. I wanna give my sixer posi, but I guess the easiest way to bolt on posi would be a GT Donor ?
LuvStangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
lemons95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 835
Just get and 99-04 GT rearend, don't have to worry if it will bolt in, and GT rearends have posi.
I put an 01 gt rearend in my 95, it's a little wider, nothing noticeable though.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvStangs View Post

Ok, I'm a shade tree mechanic, I just have this truck sitting here waiting to be junked trans is out. I wanna give my sixer posi, but I guess the easiest way to bolt on posi would be a GT Donor ?
Yes like the guy above posted... You CAN throw in the f150 rear end buts it's going to stick out like a mother ****er
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:18 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.