Ignition Control Module problem? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Ignition Control Module problem?

So, i'm having random problems with my 95 V6 Automatic. It started with my Tachometer randomly not working. The needle just sitting at 0, but at times will come back up. When this first happened, the code came up P1351 but Advanced Auto couldn't tell me about it, but when I looked into it, it came up and ignition error.

Now randomly my car will stall in the middle of the road, more so when I try to give it gas. Once it stalls, it hesitates for a minute before starting back up, but then runs like nothing will happen. This has happened quite a few times.

Would this mean the ICM ( Ignition Control Module ) Is going? And if so, is the MSD 6AL Digital Ignition Module w/Rev Control a replacement for it and will be worth me getting since the original ICM costs $200?

A response ASAP will help since i'll be getting back into town Sunday, coming back from Mustang Week! And I need it fixed as it is my daily driver. Thanks again.
3.8Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
that will fit as far as what it says in the install section. if you do that though make sure to pop in new spark plugs that can handle the extra heat. as for your symptoms that's classic ignition control module malfunction. you can take yours off and have your local Advance test the unit for free if you want to see if it's the problem or not. when i test them i will do it 3-4 times in a row to put it through its paces lol.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, just wanted to be safe. Once I get home, i'm gonna head to Summit and get one. And should I get like NGK Iridium X plugs? I have the Auto-lite Platinums in it now, they are newer, I just got them a few months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
the autolites will be fine

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, once I get back I'm going to drop by summit then.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang