my pony is shaking - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
my pony is shaking

So my wifes been driving my mustang as of late. She told me the car wasn't running right and that it was shaking when on the gas. So I toke it for a spin and it did it in fouth and fifth gears.I know I need to replace the air temperature sesnsor. Would that couse the car to shake like that and its getting worse. I checked the plugs and I need new ones soon but they aren't to the point they need replaving right away. I checked the gap on them and they was all gapped over .070. So I regapped them to .054. I went on a teat drive and its still doing it. Any ideas or in put would be great.
skey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Misfire. Check your coil pack and wires
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Found out its a bad wire I've had it a couple of months and the guy I got it form is dif not a car guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm slowly going throw everything on the car. I keep finding lil stuff other people over looked that needs replacing. About to do a full tune up oil plugs wires air filter wire everything. If I sea foamed it would that help with restoring a few lost ponys.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by skey View Post
I'm slowly going throw everything on the car. I keep finding lil stuff other people over looked that needs replacing. About to do a full tune up oil plugs wires air filter wire everything. If I sea foamed it would that help with restoring a few lost ponys.
Good idea. If you have the extra money, replacing your coil pack might be a good idea too. Sea foaming it definitely cleans out the intake if you put it through a vacuum line and put it in the gas tank to clear out the injectors. Also get a new fuel filter and get the transmission serviced. It's a whole different car after fluids and tune up

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

If you have a manual obviously no need to get it serviced
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
If you do your coil pack I suggest the msd street fire coil pack. Cheaper than the motorcraft one, but better. I replaced a brand new motorcraft pack with one and couldn't be happier. I didn't expect much, so it was a pleasant surprise.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. It is a 5 speed I had it a week and the thorw out bearing went out so I changed that and put new gear oil in the trans. Its the msd street fire on am. Its goimg to be a work on here and there kind of thing. So the sea foam gos in the tank and a vacuum line any other place it should go.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by skey View Post
Thanks guys. It is a 5 speed I had it a week and the thorw out bearing went out so I changed that and put new gear oil in the trans. Its the msd street fire on am. Its goimg to be a work on here and there kind of thing. So the sea foam gos in the tank and a vacuum line any other place it should go.
1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in the brake booster, and 1/3 in the crank case. Do this about 100 miles before your next oil change. Give it 15-20 minutes after you got it all in before you start it back up and blow all that crud out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang