Quality HID kit? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #106
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Check your state and local laws. Most state inspections require both low and high beams to pass.

Then again if you're intent on having illegal blinding lights what's just another broken law?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Check your state and local laws. Most state inspections require both low and high beams to pass.

Then again if you're intent on having illegal blinding lights what's just another broken law?
I'm going to get the hi/low kit because I need to have them for inspection. My only question is if I get 6000k in my heads and fogs will they not match because of the housing size?
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #108
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanguy

I'm going to get the hi/low kit because I need to have them for inspection. My only question is if I get 6000k in my heads and fogs will they not match because of the housing size?
No, they will not match
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanguy View Post

HID's are illegal in manny states. Sooooo you probably won't pass inspection anyways. For inspection just use your stock bulbs
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

HID's are illegal in manny states. Sooooo you probably won't pass inspection anyways. For inspection just use your stock bulbs
I talked to the guy who does my inspection and he said as long as I have hi and low I would pass. I could do that also. If they won't match should I get 5000k heads and 6000k fogs or what combination would match?
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
HIDs are illegal in all states...100% of them if they are not factory

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Does anyone else who has HID's buy the hi/low kit and find it useful?
You bet!! It's dark by 9pm here now. Spend lots of time in the dark as well. My hi beams light up turn signs down the highway a mile away.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

No, they will not match
What temp bulbs should I get to make my tinted headlights and foglights match?

My headlights and foglights
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3978114784.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	128924
Old 09-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Just get 55w 6k in both...I miss my old 55w hids in my old v6

Old 09-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Ok so the color is only a little bit off?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
The ones you have now are nice to
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok so the color is only a little bit off?
Not enough to care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
The ones you have now are nice to
Appreciate

Old 09-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not enough to care

Appreciate
Thanks for all your help, it might be awhile but once I get my hid ill post pics.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to nekronos
Quote:
i've run the hi/lo kit before....really not useful unless you just really want a hi beam, but the output doesn't change. it just lifts a bit higher
If installed properly, it makes a significant difference. The beam should spread more as well as pretty much light everything up in general (obviously further out). It is a pretty big difference for me anyways, though initially, since they didn't fit in very good it wasn't much of a difference. Once I secured them and angled them better though its very noticeable.
nekronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekronos View Post

If installed properly, it makes a significant difference. The beam should spread more as well as pretty much light everything up in general (obviously further out). It is a pretty big difference for me anyways, though initially, since they didn't fit in very good it wasn't much of a difference. Once I secured them and angled them better though its very noticeable.
Do you think with tinted lenses the light will be able to spread out good and make a difference? If the light is lifted up a bit but the tint blocks some of the light will the light still reach farther or look the same as without just visibility will be off the road directly in front of you. If you understand what in trying to say. Haha
Old 09-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekronos View Post
i had them installed properly...in 55w...yeah it's brighter but not really a big difference when i already have fogs. guess if you live in the middle of nowhere that'd help alot though

Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

i had them installed properly...in 55w...yeah it's brighter but not really a big difference when i already have fogs. guess if you live in the middle of nowhere that'd help alot though
Where you live is also a factor. So many streetlight a up in my area all you really need is fogs to see below you.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Where you live is also a factor. So many streetlight a up in my area all you really need is fogs to see below you.
There aren't any street light where I live unless I go into town. I will get the hi/low kit and let you know how well they work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang