K member - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
K member

Led the v6 have one
greenstang41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Not sure what the question is, but the v6 does have a K member. Stamped steel like all mustang stock K members. If that's not your question please elaborate.
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That was the question sorry about thanks
And can I support the 4.6
greenstang41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
You will need to swap I believe.
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I believe it's the same as the GT. the bodies are pretty much exactly the same just the drivetrain that's different
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
the only difference is a sway bar

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
the only difference is a sway bar
And all 01-04 new edges had front sway bars correct? I thing 99 and 01 GT's had them and the rears as well
Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
And all 01-04 new edges had front sway bars correct? I thing 99 and 01 GT's had them and the rears as well
I am pretty sure, not 100% sure. This is one of the suspension mods. I think, is a must add. It really connects the left and right suspension together. Making a big difference on the front and rear. Talk about tight. I recommend front and rear sway bars over strut bars. I tested my suspension to the limits and could do 90 m.p.h. with no fear around 180 deg. interstate on ramps. I was not racing anyone btw. Please do not risk your life trying to do what I did. I am not responsible.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
Old 08-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
I am pretty sure, not 100% sure. This is one of the suspension mods. I think, is a must add. It really connects the left and right suspension together. Making a big difference on the front and rear. Talk about tight. I recommend front and rear sway bars over strut bars. I tested my suspension to the limits and could do 90 m.p.h. with no fear around 180 deg. interstate on ramps. I was not racing anyone btw. Please do not risk your life trying to do what I did. I am not responsible.
I have both rear, front sway bars, and rear and front strut tower bars. The rear is welded on. And I have a harness bar as well so I guess the middle of the car is also stiff. I have a really stiff ride man. I know what you mean though. The highway has signs telling us to take turns at 30 or 50 and I'm up there hitting 70-80 on those I don't suggest anyone try this stupidity without proper modifications and you have to know your car real well
Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
I have both rear, front sway bars, and rear and front strut tower bars. The rear is welded on. And I have a harness bar as well so I guess the middle of the car is also stiff. I have a really stiff ride man. I know what you mean though. The highway has signs telling us to take turns at 30 or 50 and I'm up there hitting 70-80 on those I don't suggest anyone try this stupidity without proper modifications and you have to know your car real well
LOL don't you want to sound like the Street Outlaws beginning or better yet the Bevis n Buthead warning. I trust my suspension and start playing Aero Smiths song Living On The Edge. A loose interpretation. How big of a difference did you notice with the rear bar? I am not big on trunk space.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang