Intake suggestions?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The plastic intakes are cooler. They do not heat up fast like a metal one will

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Air is moving fast enough that the air won't heat up that much. But plastic over metal for sure. There's a reason why the stock intakes are made like they are. Ford done the best with the stock intakes that its not necessary to upgrade them.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Pretty much...I run a high flow drop in with no silencer..I get the same increase and sound as any cai on market lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Pretty much...I run a high flow drop in with no silencer..I get the same increase and sound as any cai on market lol
What about the RAM air vents like the Machs?
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
What about the RAM air vents like the Machs?
Ram air is only good at high speeds. If you are not going fast enough you can not force enough air in.
They have plastic after market air intakes that are better than the factory ones. I have a metal one to tell you the truth. They do not make a plastic one for mine.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Ram air is only good at high speeds. If you are not going fast enough you can not force enough air in.
They have plastic after market air intakes that are better than the factory ones. I have a metal one to tell you the truth. They do not make a plastic one for mine.
you could build a pvc one pretty easily..most people do when they are not online for purchase

Old 08-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #42

Region: Nevada
Oh hell no!!! Lol it's a motor not a sprinkle system, I am looking on eBay for one, a bunch of guys at work have acura's and one said he will tune for 20 bucks so gonna do the bbk intake. Right after I find my vacuum leak.
Rmish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmish77 View Post
Oh hell no!!! Lol it's a motor not a sprinkle system, I am looking on eBay for one, a bunch of guys at work have acura's and one said he will tune for 20 bucks so gonna do the bbk intake. Right after I find my vacuum leak.
Tune for $20? What the hell? It's not a musical instrument! You don't need a ricer "tune" that's gonna mess up your ride. Do it professionally. PVC intakes are the exact same thing as any CAI out there. You're paying for the name, not the product
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #44

Region: Nevada
Seriously he will tune it wrong? Damn I thought I was getting a deal. Thank you everyone for your time it really shows you guys care.
Rmish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

lol yes glad someone knows a pvc intake is the same thing as anything else out there...plus they are easy to paint whatever color you want. we have a oxford white 5" pvc intake on a friends terminator lol

Old 08-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmish77 View Post
Seriously he will tune it wrong? Damn I thought I was getting a deal. Thank you everyone for your time it really shows you guys care.
If you don't have a tuner, he will probably use a chip. And $20 for a chip sounds like a no go. Tuners go for about $150 locked and cost about $150 to unlock. New tuners cost about $300 and you still need to buy tunes for that. Some places charge about another $150 to get tunes.
If you really want a tune ill get you in contact with someone you can buy the tuner from them or buy your own. And it's free tunes for life. I can't give you the price, you have to talk to them directly

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
lol yes glad someone knows a pvc intake is the same thing as anything else out there...plus they are easy to paint whatever color you want. we have a oxford white 5" pvc intake on a friends terminator lol
If you think about it, it's just a hollow tube for air to go through. No damn difference other than the sticker on the side of it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang