315 on v6 with saleen kit - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post

If you don't make more than 400hp with that much money you don't need to be building any motor..
exactly.
even with a 3.8 and a pieced together $500 turbo kit I could make 400. then another 1000 for tune and variables. 400 without breaking a sweat
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang81596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pemberton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

exactly.
even with a 3.8 and a pieced together $500 turbo kit I could make 400. then another 1000 for tune and variables. 400 without breaking a sweat
$500 turbo kits a no go
__________________
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post

$500 turbo kits a no go
+1 then another 8k for new motor swap
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang81596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pemberton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 643
Also if you wanna make 400 to the wheels you'll need a lot more than a turbo for the 3.8.. Safely you can run about 6-8lbs of boost (someone correct me if I'm wrong) after that your internals would have to be forged, a bigger cam, 4.2 swap is a good idea, split port, 8.8 swap, injectors, etc etc..
__________________
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post

$500 turbo kits a no go
I'm not talking an ebay oil spitter lol. I can get good turbos cheap as hell and everything else needed. I live in a small town so I'm friends with a lot of the shops and hot rodders around.

400hp is a pretty safe output on stock internals with a great tune.. if it only lasts 10k miles, big deal. 3.8s can be had around here for under 200 bucks.
either way, I don't even have my v6 anymore, I'm just saying.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Stock motors have been taken to 450-475rwhp and lasted years without a problem, all it takes is a good tune and good maintenance
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Stock motors have been taken to 450-475rwhp and lasted years without a problem, all it takes is a good tune and good maintenance
Seriously? is that being bashed daily?
I really had no idea those motors were that strong.. id be nervous to daily one at 350, let alone 450-up. That's crazy man.
What's your power output at right now man?
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang81596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pemberton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Stock motors have been taken to 450-475rwhp and lasted years without a problem, all it takes is a good tune and good maintenance
Does that apply for a dd as well? How much boost could you run safely
__________________
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crowned1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMZ01MUSTANG View Post
Pro charged only had 300?? That's very little, I've seen v6 with over 350 and they only spent 5k on parts
don't forget the weight of the car plays a big part. sure you can put down 300hp but I guarantee you a car that weighs 3000 lbs will get down the strip faster compared to a car that weighs 3600 with 350 hp. honestly, the best thing you could do is go with a nitrous setup. saw a full bolt on v6 spraying a 50 shot dip into the upper 12's!
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

don't forget the weight of the car plays a big part. sure you can put down 300hp but I guarantee you a car that weighs 3000 lbs will get down the strip faster compared to a car that weighs 3600 with 350 hp. honestly, the best thing you could do is go with a nitrous setup. saw a full bolt on v6 spraying a 50 shot dip into the upper 12's!
you talking about the black new edge that almost lifts the front wheels off launch? stock trans, stock clutch, primarily stock motor, but he did have a geared 8.8.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crowned1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

you talking about the black new edge that almost lifts the front wheels off launch? stock trans, stock clutch, primarily stock motor, but he did have a geared 8.8.
oh yea forgot about that. even then it's way cheaper than going the supercharger route. but it can be more risky.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
I'm pretty sure it was a weekend car might have been a daily, but it was at the track a lot every race season.. The other car not really sure about it seen videos of it around and such.

You can cram a decent bit of boost in a stock one, 11psi has always been the "safe" number given but you can push more honestly, 11psi procharger P1SC with exhaust made 300rwhp (think it was an auto, either trans still a good bit of power).

Mine is just ~250 N/A nothing special yet, plans on the way soon though.
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
BloodRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central
Region: Ohio
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
I'm pretty sure it was a weekend car might have been a daily, but it was at the track a lot every race season.. The other car not really sure about it seen videos of it around and such.

You can cram a decent bit of boost in a stock one, 11psi has always been the "safe" number given but you can push more honestly, 11psi procharger P1SC with exhaust made 300rwhp (think it was an auto, either trans still a good bit of power).

Mine is just ~250 N/A nothing special yet, plans on the way soon though.
The black new edge was a daily without spray, but he sprayed the piss out of it at the track.
That thing was fast as hell. Last I heard he blew the trans and went twin turbo.

I might do like a 75 shot with my gt next season after I get the motor and trans done this winter. Idk yet. I like the idea of all motor still lol
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crowned1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

The black new edge was a daily without spray, but he sprayed the piss out of it at the track.
That thing was fast as hell. Last I heard he blew the trans and went twin turbo.

I might do like a 75 shot with my gt next season after I get the motor and trans done this winter. Idk yet. I like the idea of all motor still lol
yea he's running tt right now, that thing doesn't hook for shizzzzz haha
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

The black new edge was a daily without spray, but he sprayed the piss out of it at the track.
That thing was fast as hell. Last I heard he blew the trans and went twin turbo.

I might do like a 75 shot with my gt next season after I get the motor and trans done this winter. Idk yet. I like the idea of all motor still lol
NOS is for puss1es all motor is the way to go IMHO
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

NOS is for puss1es all motor is the way to go IMHO
Nitrous*

I know a little 434 who would disagree with you though lol
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:01 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.