315 on v6 with saleen kit - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post

If you don't make more than 400hp with that much money you don't need to be building any motor..
exactly.
even with a 3.8 and a pieced together $500 turbo kit I could make 400. then another 1000 for tune and variables. 400 without breaking a sweat
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

exactly.
even with a 3.8 and a pieced together $500 turbo kit I could make 400. then another 1000 for tune and variables. 400 without breaking a sweat
$500 turbo kits a no go
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post

$500 turbo kits a no go
+1 then another 8k for new motor swap

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Also if you wanna make 400 to the wheels you'll need a lot more than a turbo for the 3.8.. Safely you can run about 6-8lbs of boost (someone correct me if I'm wrong) after that your internals would have to be forged, a bigger cam, 4.2 swap is a good idea, split port, 8.8 swap, injectors, etc etc..
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Old 08-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post

$500 turbo kits a no go
I'm not talking an ebay oil spitter lol. I can get good turbos cheap as hell and everything else needed. I live in a small town so I'm friends with a lot of the shops and hot rodders around.

400hp is a pretty safe output on stock internals with a great tune.. if it only lasts 10k miles, big deal. 3.8s can be had around here for under 200 bucks.
either way, I don't even have my v6 anymore, I'm just saying.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Stock motors have been taken to 450-475rwhp and lasted years without a problem, all it takes is a good tune and good maintenance

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Stock motors have been taken to 450-475rwhp and lasted years without a problem, all it takes is a good tune and good maintenance
Seriously? is that being bashed daily?
I really had no idea those motors were that strong.. id be nervous to daily one at 350, let alone 450-up. That's crazy man.
What's your power output at right now man?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Does that apply for a dd as well? How much boost could you run safely
Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMZ01MUSTANG View Post
Pro charged only had 300?? That's very little, I've seen v6 with over 350 and they only spent 5k on parts
don't forget the weight of the car plays a big part. sure you can put down 300hp but I guarantee you a car that weighs 3000 lbs will get down the strip faster compared to a car that weighs 3600 with 350 hp. honestly, the best thing you could do is go with a nitrous setup. saw a full bolt on v6 spraying a 50 shot dip into the upper 12's!
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

don't forget the weight of the car plays a big part. sure you can put down 300hp but I guarantee you a car that weighs 3000 lbs will get down the strip faster compared to a car that weighs 3600 with 350 hp. honestly, the best thing you could do is go with a nitrous setup. saw a full bolt on v6 spraying a 50 shot dip into the upper 12's!
you talking about the black new edge that almost lifts the front wheels off launch? stock trans, stock clutch, primarily stock motor, but he did have a geared 8.8.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

you talking about the black new edge that almost lifts the front wheels off launch? stock trans, stock clutch, primarily stock motor, but he did have a geared 8.8.
oh yea forgot about that. even then it's way cheaper than going the supercharger route. but it can be more risky.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

I'm pretty sure it was a weekend car might have been a daily, but it was at the track a lot every race season.. The other car not really sure about it seen videos of it around and such.

You can cram a decent bit of boost in a stock one, 11psi has always been the "safe" number given but you can push more honestly, 11psi procharger P1SC with exhaust made 300rwhp (think it was an auto, either trans still a good bit of power).

Mine is just ~250 N/A nothing special yet, plans on the way soon though.

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was a weekend car might have been a daily, but it was at the track a lot every race season.. The other car not really sure about it seen videos of it around and such.

You can cram a decent bit of boost in a stock one, 11psi has always been the "safe" number given but you can push more honestly, 11psi procharger P1SC with exhaust made 300rwhp (think it was an auto, either trans still a good bit of power).

Mine is just ~250 N/A nothing special yet, plans on the way soon though.
The black new edge was a daily without spray, but he sprayed the piss out of it at the track.
That thing was fast as hell. Last I heard he blew the trans and went twin turbo.

I might do like a 75 shot with my gt next season after I get the motor and trans done this winter. Idk yet. I like the idea of all motor still lol
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The black new edge was a daily without spray, but he sprayed the piss out of it at the track.
That thing was fast as hell. Last I heard he blew the trans and went twin turbo.

I might do like a 75 shot with my gt next season after I get the motor and trans done this winter. Idk yet. I like the idea of all motor still lol
yea he's running tt right now, that thing doesn't hook for shizzzzz haha
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

NOS is for puss1es all motor is the way to go IMHO
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

NOS is for puss1es all motor is the way to go IMHO
Nitrous*

I know a little 434 who would disagree with you though lol

blower/new cam soon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang