height issue? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
height issue?

hey guys my rear left side sits a bit lower than my rear right side on my v6. its sitting on sum dropzone springs from ebay i had installed last year. it looks like they both have the iso's. so idk if it was installed wrong? or can it be that i need better brand springs like from american muscle?
also, my right rear side tire is sticking out more than the rear left. i was reading somewhere i might need an adjustable panhard bar or something like that to fix the issue?

any help guys? id really appreciate it. i wana get my suspension on my sixxer perfect so i can gbe my gt a rest already
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Had the same problem with my old 6. And I see it a lot with alot of the NE mustangs. Try taking the iso out of the side that's higher
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Had the same problem with my old 6. And I see it a lot with alot of the NE mustangs. Try taking the iso out of the side that's higher
good idea ! thanks man. is it hard to remove the springs from the rear?
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Nope shouldn't take you more than half an hour for one side
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
hey guys my rear left side sits a bit lower than my rear right side on my v6. its sitting on sum dropzone springs from ebay i had installed last year. it looks like they both have the iso's. so idk if it was installed wrong? or can it be that i need better brand springs like from american muscle?
also, my right rear side tire is sticking out more than the rear left. i was reading somewhere i might need an adjustable panhard bar or something like that to fix the issue?

any help guys? id really appreciate it. i wana get my suspension on my sixxer perfect so i can gbe my gt a rest already
I would recommend taking off the isolator on the side that's a tad bit higher, that should fix that issue. Since it's lowered now the rear is off centered, that's why one wheel is off. Throwing an adjustable pan hard bar on there will do the trick!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quit getting the Biggie Fries.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Quit getting the Biggie Fries.
i have no clue what you're talking about

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

I would recommend taking off the isolator on the side that's a tad bit higher, that should fix that issue. Since it's lowered now the rear is off centered, that's why one wheel is off. Throwing an adjustable pan hard bar on there will do the trick!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
thanks Dan, i'll see if i can find that bar. all i could find last time was the regular pan hard bar not the adjustable one.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
He means stop super sizing your meals .-.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
oh haa.. i didnt know weighing 155 was so heavy i needa diet lol
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
oh haa.. i didnt know weighing 155 was so heavy i needa diet lol
Lucky haha I weigh 220 and my ride is unaffected
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Lucky haha I weigh 220 and my ride is unaffected
i guess weight has nothing to do with my issue then. i used the same springs on my gt and it dropped it perfect on all four sides.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post

i guess weight has nothing to do with my issue then. i used the same springs on my gt and it dropped it perfect on all four sides.
Maybe your shock is busted
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:54 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.