Magnaflow - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Magnaflow

I just wanted some opinions on Magnaflow mufflers. I have the oval kind on right now (single exhaust) and I am going to get divorced duals soon. I was just wondering the differences in sound of the straight through bullet mufflers and the big oval ones. Also just opinions of magnaflow in general haha
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post
I just wanted some opinions on Magnaflow mufflers. I have the oval kind on right now (single exhaust) and I am going to get divorced duals soon. I was just wondering the differences in sound of the straight through bullet mufflers and the big oval ones. Also just opinions of magnaflow in general haha
Magnaflow is a good brand. In my opinion its flows, heartthrob, magnaflow, then dynomax. The difference in the mufflers are the number of chambers. Single chamber mufflers are louder than rest but have a bit of a rasp, 2 chamber mufflers are a little more quite but with less rasp, and 3 chamber mufflers are just smidge better than stock. Are you doing a full exhaust, or catback??
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectTurboV6 View Post

Magnaflow is a good brand. In my opinion its flows, heartthrob, magnaflow, then dynomax. The difference in the mufflers are the number of chambers. Single chamber mufflers are louder than rest but have a bit of a rasp, 2 chamber mufflers are a little more quite but with less rasp, and 3 chamber mufflers are just smidge better than stock. Are you doing a full exhaust, or catback??
I already have shorty headers but I'm getting my y pipe cut and running divorced duals from each header. I want loud and deep. What mufflers would give me that? Also what are the sound differences between flowmaster 10, 40, 44, 50 and whatever super versions they have out of those too lol? I know its a lot thanks for the reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post

I already have shorty headers but I'm getting my y pipe cut and running divorced duals from each header. I want loud and deep. What mufflers would give me that? Also what are the sound differences between flowmaster 10, 40, 44, 50 and whatever super versions they have out of those too lol? I know its a lot thanks for the reply!
Let's just say I'm going to upgrade my divorced duals to long tube headers, divorced o/r h pipe (2.5in), 2 flow 10s with 3in tailpipes. That's as loud and deep as you can get, in my opinion. Other people swear by slp loudmouth setups or pypes violator sets. Your best bet is to go with the 40s. Then down the road if you wanna get absurdly loud, get the 10s and upgrade your cam.
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
id get another oval style magnaflow...those things are built really well and the internal design is basically straight through with a lot of matting in the rest of the chamber

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
id get another oval style magnaflow...those things are built really well and the internal design is basically straight through with a lot of matting in the rest of the chamber
I was going to do that but its not at all (small improvement to stock) and I didn't know how much improvement duals would do
Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So from what I understand, FM 10's are the loudest and higher pitched and the higher the number, the lower the sound and quieter it gets? And will adding on a second muffler really make it too much louder? I swapped in one and it's barely noticeable
Old 08-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
adding a second muffler would mean separating the exhaust...and it is a noticeable difference sound wise

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
adding a second muffler would mean separating the exhaust...and it is a noticeable difference sound wise
Okay cool. Thanks everyone for the help!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang