PaceSetter V6 Dual Exhaust Adapter Kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
PaceSetter V6 Dual Exhaust Adapter Kit

I'm just seeing if anyone is using these on there sixxers and what setup they are running. Because I have my eye sights set up on Flowmasters American Thunder Catback Exhaust
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post
I'm just seeing if anyone is using these on there sixxers and what setup they are running. Because I have my eye sights set up on Flowmasters American Thunder Catback Exhaust
essentially its just a mid-pipe. check out some other mid pipes such as the pro chamber, 1slosix runs a pro-chamber and he loves it! Im running divorced duals (no mid pipe) and I love it! it's all in your preference! Don't let anyone tell you what sounds good and what doesn't. With that being said, check out some videos that are running the pacesetter mid-pipe.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

essentially its just a mid-pipe. check out some other mid pipes such as the pro chamber, 1slosix runs a pro-chamber and he loves it! Im running divorced duals (no mid pipe) and I love it! it's all in your preference! Don't let anyone tell you what sounds good and what doesn't. With that being said, check out some videos that are running the pacesetter mid-pipe.
Hearing it from an audio perspective is so much different from real life. But I've researched so much today and I just really like the Flowmasters American Thunder Catback setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to RaysV6
I purchased the pacestter v8-v6 adapter then put flowmaster 40 series, tru dual exhaust set up. It was nice get that little rumble at startup and a little when it got around 2500rpms, BUT I will tell u this, do not lower ur car after putting on the exhaust. It will destroy ur setup, i also had premature failure from mine, the middle that held it in place broke loose at the welds..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3691126737.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	541.0 KB
ID:	124976

Name:	image-2823554001.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	557.8 KB
ID:	124977
RaysV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysV6 View Post
I purchased the pacestter v8-v6 adapter then put flowmaster 40 series, tru dual exhaust set up. It was nice get that little rumble at startup and a little when it got around 2500rpms, BUT I will tell u this, do not lower ur car after putting on the exhaust. It will destroy ur setup, i also had premature failure from mine, the middle that held it in place broke loose at the welds..
What do you mean, it will destroy my setup?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
He's trying to say its pretty weak so if you lower your car be careful with speed bumps or driveways it could mess up your exhaust
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly!! Look at the second picture, on passenger sude there is a nipple stucking up on the axel, i put the exhaust on first then lowered my stang, the pipes nee to be bent a little more to clear the axel, everytime i hit a bump i could feel it rubbing, the h-pipe granted i have a warranty issue with mine AM is sending me another one. Now they have them in stock i should be getting mine soon, i will post a pic here in a second what it looked like after only two years
Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	image-4057693198.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	124981

Name:	image-2253635497.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	124982
Old 08-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I went and had them remove the h-pipe and installled divorced mufflers, basically each header has its own set of cats and mufflers, they removed the pipe from the mufflers back and just put turn downs on, they also went back and added four hangers to each side (8) total and tightened it all up and i have no scrapping at all. Its actually pretty nice.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote:
I went and had them remove the h-pipe and installled divorced mufflers, basically each header has its own set of cats and mufflers, they removed the pipe from the mufflers back and just put turn downs on, they also went back and added four hangers to each side (8) total and tightened it all up and i have no scrapping at all. Its actually pretty nice.
8 total
Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

8 total
So you have a total of 8 cats...?
Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahaha no i have 4 cats i ment 8 hanger points that tightened my whole exhaust up. Sorry for the confusion!!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahahaha no i have 4 cats i ment 8 hanger points that tightened my whole exhaust up. Sorry for the confusion!!
Lol I was gonna say sheesh I bet your exhaust you quiet as hell lol. It's all good homie
Old 09-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
Myself and one of my buddies installed my Flowmaster American Thunder catback and I was really disappointed in how it hangs. Part of the problem is that the X-pipe I bought is a piece of crap and it was bent wrong (Mandrel Exhaust Systems). The catback may have been bent wrong too.

We snugged it up against the body as well as we could, but within a few days took my car to Exhaust Pros and had them hack it to pieces and weld it back together properly because it was hanging too low and scraping on bumps. NOW it hangs beautifully, it's tucked up nice and tight. That cost me $100.

I LOVE the sound of my car SO MUCH that it was worth every cent and then some...

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ever since my issues with my first h-pipe, my system has gone to crap!! Going from h to divorced kinda sucks now when i get my long tubes im gunna have my new h pipe installed. But your right once it is nice and tight and up closer to the body u wont notice any scraping. I barely notice any on certain areas that i drive. But as much as i like my flow 40's i am thinking a new beefier sound from another brand muffler is what i really need. Hard to tell by you tube videos.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John View Post
Myself and one of my buddies installed my Flowmaster American Thunder catback and I was really disappointed in how it hangs. Part of the problem is that the X-pipe I bought is a piece of crap and it was bent wrong (Mandrel Exhaust Systems). The catback may have been bent wrong too.

We snugged it up against the body as well as we could, but within a few days took my car to Exhaust Pros and had them hack it to pieces and weld it back together properly because it was hanging too low and scraping on bumps. NOW it hangs beautifully, it's tucked up nice and tight. That cost me $100.

I LOVE the sound of my car SO MUCH that it was worth every cent and then some...

Just my 2 cents.
How do you like that setup? I'm going with the same thing in the near future.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a pair of videos taken when the exhaust system install was new.

I fully understand that a persons taste for exhaust sound is very personal. There are many systems out there that I find to be awful. Myself, I LOVE the way my car sounds. There is nothing I would change.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So u have an american thunder mufflers what else do u have? That sounded awesome and what im looking for as well in my sound
Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I have Pacesetter shorty headers that I got new in the box from a kid at work for like $20 or $50 or something cheap like that...

DO NOT BUY THIS! DO NOT BUY THIS! The bending is poor, the overall fit is poor, the O2 sensor bungs actually point TOWARDS THE GROUND on the rear set! I deleted those O2 sensors with my tuner and plugged the holes. But anyway, here is a link to what I bought. X-pipe with High Flow Catalytic Converters made by Magnaflow ( I think it was $235 when I bought it last year)

The American Thunder Catback was probably bent perfectly, but since the X-pipe was made so poorly it's hard to tell.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang