Rear ends - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Rear ends

Is 500 for a complete rear end too much?
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/4016701772.html
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProjectTurboV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 322
If its completely rebuilt and ready to bolt in, no that's a pretty fair price. I can pull one from a junkyard for 150, then install gears for 300.
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
lemons95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 835
I paid $280 for a wrecked car, I got a pretty good deal on it though. 01 gt, totaled but still runs, I don't like the 4.6 engines though, I took the CAI, rearend and exhaust. All thats left is to weld the system up to my 4.2 and then sell the GT, should sell easily I've had people ask if it's for sale even though it's missing the rear-end and stuff.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProjectTurboV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
I paid $280 for a wrecked car, I got a pretty good deal on it though. 01 gt, totaled but still runs, I don't like the 4.6 engines though, I took the CAI, rearend and exhaust. All thats left is to weld the system up to my 4.2 and then sell the GT, should sell easily I've had people ask if it's for sale even though it's missing the rear-end and stuff.
Wanna send me that 4.6 and wiring harness for $200?
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
lemons95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 835
I'm trying to sell the whole car, that way I get the car off my parents property. My mom wants it gone. She didn't want me to buy it in the first place. lol
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProjectTurboV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
I'm trying to sell the whole car, that way I get the car off my parents property. My mom wants it gone. She didn't want me to buy it in the first place. lol
What state do you preside in?
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
lemons95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 835
California.
If you are really interested in it, it would also have to be towed on a trailer. I let my cousin take the rims, so in it's current position it would need to be dragged on to a trailer.
It's just sitting on jack stands right now. Which is another reason to try and sell it, cause I need to use those jackstands...
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProjectTurboV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 322
I'm in Maryland so I don't think that can work out haha
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectTurboV6 View Post
If its completely rebuilt and ready to bolt in, no that's a pretty fair price. I can pull one from a junkyard for 150, then install gears for 300.
I don't think its rebuilt. And is it a pretty easy install? And what do you mean install gears for 300? I thought it would come with gears? Unless you have higher ones you want on it
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProjectTurboV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post

I don't think its rebuilt. And is it a pretty easy install? And what do you mean install gears for 300? I thought it would come with gears? Unless you have higher ones you want on it
If you're mechanically inclined then its a very simple install, bolts right in. Yeah I was talking about putting in new gears because depending on the mileage of the car, you don't wanna just slap it in as is. Drain the rearend oil and see if there's any metal shavings, if its clean and has fairly low miles it will ge rather safe to bolt in. I just recommend changing the gears.
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fourloko530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 567
Where in cali u live lemon
Fourloko530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectTurboV6 View Post

If you're mechanically inclined then its a very simple install, bolts right in. Yeah I was talking about putting in new gears because depending on the mileage of the car, you don't wanna just slap it in as is. Drain the rearend oil and see if there's any metal shavings, if its clean and has fairly low miles it will ge rather safe to bolt in. I just recommend changing the gears.
Don't have $500 on me but I'm definitely interested lol. Might wait and see if he will take a lower price if it doesn't sell
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:46 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.