Valve covers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Valve covers

Well today I was looking at my engine bay and saw that my valve covers are peeling. I think someone painted them along time ago and now that paint is peeling off. I have ceramic BBK shorty headers and think my valve covers would look good just as shiny. I'm eventually going to polish the intake manifold like in this picture of a friends engine. Is it possible to polish the valve covers until they are just as shiny? Also if I decide to paint them what color do you guys recommend?

Friends engine
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1277588351.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	421.8 KB
ID:	125844

My engine

Name:	image-1365966973.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	562.6 KB
ID:	125841

My headers

Name:	image-3181231941.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	125843

Cracking valve covers

Name:	image-1490675596.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	125842
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanguy View Post
Well today I was looking at my engine bay and saw that my valve covers are peeling. I think someone painted them along time ago and now that paint is peeling off. I have ceramic BBK shorty headers and think my valve covers would look good just as shiny. I'm eventually going to polish the intake manifold like in this picture of a friends engine. Is it possible to polish the valve covers until they are just as shiny? Also if I decide to paint them what color do you guys recommend?

Friends engine

My engine

Cracking valve covers

My headers
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think he painted the intake manifold. It looks like some sort or aluminum paint. And the valve covers will not become shiny. They are plastic and will just dull. Just take them off and paint them your preferred color
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
I think he painted the intake manifold. It looks like some sort or aluminum paint. And the valve covers will not become shiny. They are plastic and will just dull. Just take them off and paint them your preferred color
O I thought they were aluminum. Ok I guess I will just repaint them black. But the intake manifold is aluminum and he said he used sandpaper and it took him along time but he eventually polished it all up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang