Agressive loud muffler, what should i get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
So I have duels that form into one in the middle of the car then back to duels. I have borlas and they are really kool but just not loud enough for me. I want somthing that'll give me a little more attention and aggressiveness without sounding like a ricer. Please give me your opinion y'all!
KamzGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMZ01MUSTANG View Post
So I have duels that form into one in the middle of the car then back to duels. I have borlas and they are really kool but just not loud enough for me. I want somthing that'll give me a little more attention and aggressiveness without sounding like a ricer. Please give me your opinion y'all!
Sounds like it's a dual conversion. But I run slp loudmouth 1's on divorced duals. They're the loudest mufflers you can buy I believe. They sound really good. It gets kinda raspy at high rpms, though. I think that's also because I'm not running a midpipe
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post

Sounds like it's a dual conversion. But I run slp loudmouth 1's on divorced duals. They're the loudest mufflers you can buy I believe. They sound really good. It gets kinda raspy at high rpms, though. I think that's also because I'm not running a midpipe
Okay, so it would sound good then on mine? Is a dual conversion good at all? Pros and cons?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Also are the 1s, the resonators?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
your borlas would be plenty loud if you went with a true dual exhaust and not a 1 in 2 out setup. your piping is what's making you quiet ...believe me i run borla on true duals with all cats and a prochamber to quiet it down lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Your gonna get a really loud exhaust note since it's a dual conversion. If you want sound that you should be getting with dual exhaust you need to get what they say true duals. You would need to get an h pipe or x pipe. H pipe is more for sound and x is more performance. From there if where you will get your sound. Flow master 10 series are very loud. Also I recommend getting the sintech mufflers they run in NASCAR.
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
your borlas would be plenty loud if you went with a true dual exhaust and not a 1 in 2 out setup. your piping is what's making you quiet ...believe me i run borla on true duals with all cats and a prochamber to quiet it down lol
It is 2 then 1 then 2. That's how my pipes are

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I completely understand. Thank you for your help!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It is 2 then 1 then 2. That's how my pipes are

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I completely understand. Thank you for your help!
right that's a 1 in 2 out system...super restrictive and quiet...if you want it louder start by getting the exhaust true dualed...if you want it louder after that then get some 1 chamber mufflers

Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

right that's a 1 in 2 out system...super restrictive and quiet...if you want it louder start by getting the exhaust true dualed...if you want it louder after that then get some 1 chamber mufflers
do u have any vids of ur exhaust?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay, so it would sound good then on mine? Is a dual conversion good at all? Pros and cons?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Also are the 1s, the resonators?
Slo hit in on the money with it being restrictive. Yes the resonators. I can get a drive by later if you'd likw
pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

That's a little too loud, it sounds like a tractor. No offense. I'm not gonna do true duals cuz it's just gonna be a little too loud so I'm just looking for somthing to throw on
Old 08-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I fell in love with this guys set up:

http://youtu.be/96UWOGyvdNg
sebasflorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Make shore it's 2 1/2" PIPE

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
That's a little too loud, it sounds like a tractor. No offense. I'm not gonna do true duals cuz it's just gonna be a little too loud so I'm just looking for somthing to throw on
You have the best mufflers you can buy..best quality sound, and they will sound better than anything else you just throw on there, like lm1s or flowmasters. IMO LM1s and blowmasters sound like ****..yea they're loud but ****ing annoying. Get a true dual x and Call it a day. Stick with borla. Getting a conversion instead of true dual IMO is pointless..it's not making the exhaust flow much better if any.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
do u have any vids of ur exhaust?

Old 08-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post
Slo hit in on the money with it being restrictive. Yes the resonators. I can get a drive by later if you'd likw
Sounds great man...a lot like my old setup if op doesn't like that then I'm not sure any of us can help him lol

Old 08-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds great man...a lot like my old setup if op doesn't like that then I'm not sure any of us can help him lol
Haha thanks dude. I enjoy it and don't think it sounds like a tractor. Just gets a little raspy in higher rpms. May go h pipe in a year or two
Old 08-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

What do u guys think about magnaflows? I saw they make glass packs. Sounds pretty legit, I don't want true duals becuz then my exhuast will be louder than I want it to be. Imma stick with my set up the car came with just get rid of the 3 chamber borlas and put somthing else there that allows more free flow
Old 08-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Aggressive and loud eh? Sounds like a job for loudmouths
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Loudmouth? What series? I thought they are mufflers not glass pack?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Aggressive and loud eh? Sounds like a job for loudmouths
+1572222. But he thinks my car sounds like a tractor. Lol

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Loudmouth? What series? I thought they are mufflers not glass pack?
They have. Loudmouth 1 and 2. The 2's are quieter than the ones
Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

It sounds like a tractor cuz ur posting sounds thru a camera which the sounds r then coming out of my iPhone. So that doesn't help

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Slp better than magnaflows?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Loudmouths are a straight through design, but they are definitely loud and aggressive, magnaflow magnapacks are also straight through but aren't as loud, trust me once u go slp u never go back, talking to a buddy today and he said mine hurts his ears
Old 08-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Only concern I have is the police, so I'm just to get loud without the annoying loud that the cops hate, u kno?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only concern I have is the police, so I'm just to get loud without the annoying loud that the cops hate, u kno?
I havnt ever had any problems with cops, I suppose it depends on where u live lol
Old 08-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I live in the Bay Area in Cali. They don't care as long as it's not ridiculous Loud and stupid annoying
Old 08-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think u will pass emissions with loudmouths lol

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I this think ur best bet will be bassani actually
Old 08-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

As long as u have your cats, you will pass. I have two cats on my mustang. Plus I notice online it says u can switch from muffled to open with slp resonators. That true?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Basani also doesn't make anything for my car, they decreased in what they carry now, I already checked with them
Old 08-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As long as u have your cats, you will pass. I have two cats on my mustang. Plus I notice online it says u can switch from muffled to open with slp resonators. That true?
Yes if u buy the full catback, u can swap between lm1 and lm2 within minutes, lm2 has packing on the inside and is not as loud, I've heard them in real life they sound awesome

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Basani also doesn't make anything for my car, they decreased in what they carry now, I already checked with them
Wow really!?!?! I guess that makes the price on the ones in my shop go up lol
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I think imma just get the magnaflow glass packs then, magnaflows are known to be a little quiter compared to most companies but last long time and most of all for what I want, it won't be super loud but it'll still do what I want

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Yeah bassani really cut back, I think they just came compete with the other 100 brands out there ATM

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Can't compete *
Old 08-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think imma just get the magnaflow glass packs then, magnaflows are known to be a little quiter compared to most companies but last long time and most of all for what I want, it won't be super loud but it'll still do what I want

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Yeah bassani really cut back, I think they just came compete with the other 100 brands out there ATM

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Can't compete *
I think it may because of how expensive they are, they are a higher quality exhaust and people just don't wanna pay so much for them
Old 08-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah they aren't cheap that's for sure!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I still don't understand.... you want loud and aggressive but you don't want to do the one thing that would instantly make it just that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang