2000 v6 exhaust - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanggang View Post

Is it gonna do anything for me? Lol
A cool whistle noise haha. My filter was almost black all over and I still don't feel much if any of a difference. It does affect the exhaust note a tiny bit though. I have not used up this tank of gas but its supposed to affect it a little better also. WOT is what is supposed to get better with it. I haven't noticed much of a difference. Throttle response did change a little though (for the better)
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post

A cool whistle noise haha. My filter was almost black all over and I still don't feel much if any of a difference. It does affect the exhaust note a tiny bit though. I have not used up this tank of gas but its supposed to affect it a little better also. WOT is what is supposed to get better with it. I haven't noticed much of a difference. Throttle response did change a little though (for the better)
Yea +1. The old way you will feel a good difference is doing the CAI into a bigger throttle body and a better flowing plenum to allow more air flow. Then couple that with a tune from your choice and you will notice gains of 30+ horsepower and torque.
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and a tune would make all of that more noticeable, I don't know if you have a tuner, but if you do, I'd buy it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
This might sound dumb but how would I use a tune
2000stanggang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanggang View Post
This might sound dumb but how would I use a tune
You'd buy a tuner (380 off of AM) and then plug it into the ECU. It changes shift firmness in automatics, gas ratio, I don't know exactly everything. It clears codes. It tells you what the CEL means. It can cut off o2 sensors. It can reset gear stuff. It can recalibrate the speedometer. Etc...its easy to use. It's worth the money but I don't have 380 haha
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #76

Region: New York
But dont buy a tuner if you barely have anything in it lmao because it will be a waste
JoeIob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIob88 View Post
But dont buy a tuner if you barely have anything in it lmao because it will be a waste
+1
Old 09-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIob88 View Post
Is having a cai and exhaust enough reason to get one? Also I know you can't adjust shift points in a manual so is there much of a benefit in a manual?
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanguy View Post

Is having a cai and exhaust enough reason to get one? Also I know you can't adjust shift points in a manual so is there much of a benefit in a manual?
Those can be tuned for but he means with a lot of stuff done it'll really help. It will help the exhaust and cold air intake, yes. And autos benefit the MOST from it. Manuals do have some gains as well. Just not quite as many
Old 09-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post

Those can be tuned for but he means with a lot of stuff done it'll really help. It will help the exhaust and cold air intake, yes. And autos benefit the MOST from it. Manuals do have some gains as well. Just not quite as many
I'm going to wait on the tuner until I do more performance mods. I still don't feel like its as worth the money for a manual car.
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I don't think I would do many mods before having the tunner actually. It is designed to reprogram the ecu to adjust for new mods and some may cause the engine to not run right unless it knows that the change has been made (through the tune). The tunner will add some gains to a mostly stock car, but it will set you up to be able to add all the bolt ons without worry. Plus if you're going to spend it eventually you might as well make it a priority. Most do
Dpred03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpred03 View Post
I don't think I would do many mods before having the tunner actually. It is designed to reprogram the ecu to adjust for new mods and some may cause the engine to not run right unless it knows that the change has been made (through the tune). The tunner will add some gains to a mostly stock car, but it will set you up to be able to add all the bolt ons without worry. Plus if you're going to spend it eventually you might as well make it a priority. Most do
I have been saving up for an 8.8 with 3.73 gears, would the tuner be a better buy?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

You have to tune it to tell it the change in gearing otherwise your speedometer will be way off. Not the end the world if you know how much it is off by but for the sake of knowing your speed it isn't a good idea to have the gears done without reprogramming
Old 09-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
You have to tune it to tell it the change in gearing otherwise your speedometer will be way off. Not the end the world if you know how much it is off by but for the sake of knowing your speed it isn't a good idea to have the gears done without reprogramming
Yeah pretty much gears you need a tuner
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok thanks for your help I will probably buy the gears then a tuner or at the same time.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

That'll probably give you the best feel over all.. Really wake up the car and feel like a whole new one lol
Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #87

Region: New York
Quote:

Like you can definatly tune it with a cai and exhaust but if you know your gunna put more into it like a xpipe or headers in a couple months i would wait to do that before geting a tuner
JoeIob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Gears, 8.8, and a tuner would be a great idea. You'd feel a lot faster with that
Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
I expect other to disagree with me, but these are my observations based on my own gains in accordance to which mod made the most difference. My preferred order in which to do mods:

TUNER FIRST! It helps your car in every way possible including MPG! You can use it to shut off O2 sensors, read engine fault codes, adjust your speedometer after installing gears or different tire sizes.... IT IS WORTH every cent. Bama tunes on a bone stock car will make you poo your shorts! There is THAT much difference in performance..... Besides, once you own a tuner every additional mod is going to have a tune available. Putting on long tubes and dropping your cats next month? Order a tune TODAY so that you have it available the exact second your exhaust is finished! It comes as an email attachment... it isn't going to go anywhere, or expire. PLAN AHEAD!

Second on MY list is the Windstar Upper (if you plan to go that route) More torque and more HP translates into better throttle response and better MPG! VAP Auto - Specializing in 3.8L Mustang Performance Kits are no longer available but the individual parts are still for sale (installation instructions and vacuum diagrams available online) so you can make your own kit. (No tune required).

Less restricted air in and out is next. The triple threat here is CAI, 65mm throttle body, and dual exhaust. Divorced duals, H pipe, X pipe, or pro chamber, no matter what you choose you still win. EVEN IF you split your exhaust and used two restrictive stock V6 exhaust pipes and mufflers you have STILL effectively cut your exhaust restriction in half. Long tube headers and removing cats require a tune, but that is fine because you bought the tuner first, right?

Things that I can't really determine the "level of benefit" are Screamin Demon coil / wire / plugs and ASP 25% under-drive pulley... I did have noticeable gains, but since I slammed these parts in at the same time as other mods I have no idea what item did what.......

Props to those that suggested 3.73 or 4.10 gears and 8.8 swaps! I have not gone there myself.... I did add a FRPP T Lok, but kept the 3.27 gears. Also, I have not cracked open my engine, so I have not done heads, cam, or stock cast aluminum intake mods (commonly referred to as H/C/I). GREAT results from what I have read, just not sure where the other experienced posters would rate this on the list of priorities.

This is just my opinion. Tuner first and everything else after that.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John View Post

I expect other to disagree with me, but these are my observations based on my own gains in accordance to which mod made the most difference. My preferred order in which to do mods:

TUNER FIRST! It helps your car in every way possible including MPG! You can use it to shut off O2 sensors, read engine fault codes, adjust your speedometer after installing gears or different tire sizes.... IT IS WORTH every cent. Bama tunes on a bone stock car will make you poo your shorts! There is THAT much difference in performance..... Besides, once you own a tuner every additional mod is going to have a tune available. Putting on long tubes and dropping your cats next month? Order a tune TODAY so that you have it available the exact second your exhaust is finished! It comes as an email attachment... it isn't going to go anywhere, or expire. PLAN AHEAD!

Second on MY list is the Windstar Upper (if you plan to go that route) More torque and more HP translates into better throttle response and better MPG! VAP Auto - Specializing in 3.8L Mustang Performance Kits are no longer available but the individual parts are still for sale (installation instructions and vacuum diagrams available online) so you can make your own kit. (No tune required).

Less restricted air in and out is next. The triple threat here is CAI, 65mm throttle body, and dual exhaust. Divorced duals, H pipe, X pipe, or pro chamber, no matter what you choose you still win. EVEN IF you split your exhaust and used two restrictive stock V6 exhaust pipes and mufflers you have STILL effectively cut your exhaust restriction in half. Long tube headers and removing cats require a tune, but that is fine because you bought the tuner first, right?

Things that I can't really determine the "level of benefit" are Screamin Demon coil / wire / plugs and ASP 25% under-drive pulley... I did have noticeable gains, but since I slammed these parts in at the same time as other mods I have no idea what item did what.......

Props to those that suggested 3.73 or 4.10 gears and 8.8 swaps! I have not gone there myself.... I did add a FRPP T Lok, but kept the 3.27 gears. Also, I have not cracked open my engine, so I have not done heads, cam, or stock cast aluminum intake mods (commonly referred to as H/C/I). GREAT results from what I have read, just not sure where the other experienced posters would rate this on the list of priorities.

This is just my opinion. Tuner first and everything else after that.
I completely agree with tuner first but some people are weary to get it when they don't have many mods. O have just a CAI and I've considered getting it. If I had the money. Also windstar is a great idea, just not for someone who isn't mechanically inclined (me)
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Get the tuner now, if it dont help much tough ***** just wait till you get more mods and then you can get new tunes FOR FREE to support your new mods. Get it now.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Get the tuner now, if it dont help much tough ***** just wait till you get more mods and then you can get new tunes FOR FREE to support your new mods. Get it now.
+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang