IAC valve mod... finally - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: South Dakota
IAC valve mod... finally

So, after putting this off for like 2 years I finally got so fed up with my car I was ready to light it on fire... The way the RPM hangs has always been annoying, but yesterday morning was the last straw when it went from annoying to embarrassing. Someone at work heard me coming down the street and when I got into the parking lot he started to give me crap about not knowing how to drive a manual..........

I went to O'Reillys after work and bought a pair of IAC gaskets. I went to work today and traced out the gasket on a piece of 18 gauge galvanized steel and cut three pieces to shape. I drilled out the bolt holes and took them home.

At home I drilled out the bottom half of all three at 1/2" and the top portion of one of them at 3/16". I was AMAZED that the car started and ran with that small of a hole! I thought I would end up drilling the hole larger and larger until it worked right, but it works GREAT at 3/16! Let off the pedal at any RPM and the tach drops instantly. No hang whatsoever. I'm happy now because my damn car is finally behaving like every other stick I have every owned.

No idea what to do with the other 2 extra plates though, they are hanging on a nail in the garage for now...
01 V6 5 spd
Windstar upper, shorty headers, high-flow catted X, American Thunder catback, SCT Tuner, ASP 25% UDP, FRPP T-Lok
Just_John is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang