03 mustang v6 ~need upgrades tips .. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
03 mustang v6 ~need upgrades tips ..

Im new to the site and somewhat familar with a page like this i have an account with rgvtp.net
I will post pics of my car on the weekend when i get the chance also i wanted to know what upgrades can i put to hit atleast 14.5 @ 1/4 , roughly its hitting 17.2 @ dont remember it had about 159k miles when i first raced it one concern was that i had not done the tuneup and since i had just bought the car i did not know when was the last time it had one..it only had a spectre cone filter and thats it everything else was stock as of today i deleted the cats and replaced it with 2.5 in pipe ,got a x pipe with one magnaflow and the other side does not have a muffler i will put a magnaflow there soon... i did the oil change,motorcraft wires,ngk sparkplugs,new thermostat,fuel filter and will fix the diff since its leaking a bit i already have the synthetic oil and gasket as well...
Please if anyone knows anything about modding a v6 help me out i will really appreciate your timee !
el_kike956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
to hit a mid 14 you'll need a few grand in mods. welcome to the site can't wait to see pics. good to see you covered all the basics for the tune up

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks bro and ill add some pics tomorrow like at 5pm after i get out of school .
And well im planning to get a sr cai from american muscle later on i will go with the bbk throttle body or spacer im undiceded if to use a tb or spacer ..can you use both and of course after i install the intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

well you can use both but at the same time an upgraded TB and spacer are a waste of money unless you have a boosted car. the cai will do the same thing the spectre drop in filter you have now ....so its more for looks then anything.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the tips i uploaded pics already was ganna upload current pics but will do that tomorrow
Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

car looks good...as for your times btw most stock 99-04s can hit a flat 16 with enough practice so keep the tune ups coming and practice those launches.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I used to have some svt cobrasi ran my first time in those rear tires were 245/45 now i have 275/45 i should have more grip i think & also i wont run again until i fix the diff gasket and install some 3.73 gears with a shift kit for now later onif the car lasts since it has high milage..i will add a 3000 rpm stall/posi unit . Once i see my engine doing great i will buy the bama tuner and get some help for doing the tunes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang