Valve Tick - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Valve Tick

Well guys I found out that the tick I had was a valve tick. I'm looming for replacement heads or a cheap way to redo the heads I have. I have to much in to the car to sell it for a lost. I really want to keep the car. I've found a seat of junkyard heads for $50.00 a head. J know that's a good deal but those heads are unknown miles and I don't want to deal with this a month later if they are high miles heads. Anybody know what a valve job runs. I really want to keep the car and build a respectable Sixers. Everyone around where I live drives Honda's and talk crap on Sixers. I would like to so them that GT aren't the only mustangs to respect. Any help would be great thanks guys.
skey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
well valve tick is common in 99% of mustangs both v6's and GT's...has happened to all of them i've owned...have you tried lucas when you change your oil? did wonders for my tick

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have it didn't seem to help any. I'm going to try to find out how much a valve job runs around here. Its killing me that I can drive my stang. I found a set of mac long tubes for $125.00 so I was going to buy them to replace my headers because I thought the tick was coming form there but the headers are good. So I got to use that money to fix the tick. Lol. Had the wide talked in to long tubes and custom exhaust. Lol. Guess my luck.

You said its common for them to have a tick. What makes them tick? Is it a weak design of the valves or the valve guides .I've seen sixerSixers and Gt's tick. What's the best way to do away with the tick coming back down the road.
skey is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang