Motors gone Bad - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Okay thanks alot. I cant wait to start this build I need to find a dyno shop around where I live but I've got time to find one. There's not alot of people around me that build sixers. I'm going to call around and see if I can find one.
skey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They made 4.2's from 97-08.
Shouldn't be too hard to find a complete engine and slap your intake on it.
Stock it should be close to 202hp.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

One would thank that but the junlyard where I live isn't the best one out there. there's not alot of trucks there but i was looking at some stuff and the E150 vans also have the 4.2 in some of them so that will open up more of a chance to finding a motor. theres more junkyards around thats about 45 mins ride so if have to take a ride no big deal. Willn't be the frist time I've put a motor in the back my wife's PT Cruiser LMAO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

so I was looking at long tube headers and they make them for the older 3.8s and the newer ones but I can't really find any for the 1999 to 2000 Mustangs. If I got a 2001 or newer 4.2 could i use the 2001 to 2004 long tubes. I don't want to leave the exhaust stock. And when ordering parts I would need to order them for the year of the motor I pull right?
Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

4.2 headers would be made to fit s trucks engine compartment, they won't work. Get the 01-04 headers for 3.8.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
If I remember correctly the only difference for those two years is the egr bung was removed.

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

If that's the only difference you use a penny and form-a-gasket to block it off. My egr tube broke and that's what I did on the valve and the header.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Okay wasn't for sure the diff in the two. But wouldn't I need to keep all my EGR stuff to pass state testing? I've seen on other post about the penny to block off the EGR.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Long tube headers wouldn't pass a test in the first place.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Emissions test yay lol forget doing any exhaust work before the cats then

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

All they do is hook up a code reader to the OBD2 port here to see if the car throws any codes. Its not has bad as out in Cali. Really just a rip off if you asked me. I've never seen a car have a smog inspection here. But would removing the EGR cause a code to pop up that would make me fail?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it would cause a code, do they fail you for the P1000 code? If so you can't get a tune to pass the reading

blower/new cam soon
Old 10-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

It sucks that the county next to where I live don't have testing. LOL but North Carolina lets every county choose to do test or not to do testing. LOL. If it wasn't for the testing i would go old school has h&ll on it. LOL

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

If I got MIL eliminators would that make it where I could run Long tubes?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Emissions Inspection

North Carolina is fighting ozone-forming emissions from gasoline-operated cars and light duty trucks. Inspections are conducted using the vehicle’s On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system, computerized equipment installed on all new vehicles since 1996

This is what the state NCDOT website said about testing.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not really sure if the P1000 code would fail here or not. I can call around and see if it dose. I know a guy that owens a shop down here ill ask him about which codes well cause a car to fail.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

My county in Cali has it good compared to other counties. Only reason I haven't cut the cats is because I kinda want to sell it.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I feel you on that one. I'm form Kentucky but live in NC now. Back home they dont have any testing and you can do any swap you want to back home but down here they are picky about it. I don't want just a drag car i want to be able to drive to the drags and drive it home being that I only live 5 mins form the drag strip LOL.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

So started taking aprt the motor this weekend. It was diff in need of a rebuild. There was a few gasket's that was compermised. One was a 1/4 gap in the intake gasket. The upper intake was gummed up pretty bad. thank God im doing a Windstar swap has well lol. The lower Intake is pertty bad as well but im going to drop it off and have it cleaned and maybe alil porting and polishing done but i dont know forsure yet.
whats the best way to get the oil pan out with out lifting the whole motor out of the car. I've wiggled it everyway I can thank of but its like i get right there at it but then iI can't get it to move any more.
But on a side note I'm hopfully going this weekend to get my Windstar intake and maybe new heads as well the just need the crack and pistons then the oil pan but thats nothing lol. I'll post pics of the tear down in alil bit.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

So got both my heads off today. When i removed the passenger side header. I noticed that the header on that side was in deed cracked. So that explains the tick that it had to start with. But the number 5 cylinder the piston is a lot cleaner then the rest of them. Not sure why that is lol. Well I still need to pull the block out and check the crack and everything but I'm planning on the 4.2 swap and cam and a nice tune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang