auto trans limp mode issues...... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
auto trans limp mode issues......

Hey whats up?! Need some help with this. Gotta 01 V6 Mustang with a sh*t ton of mods. One of which is a precision 2800 stall torque converter. I ran in the truestreet class at Mustang Nationals this past wkend in Bowling Green, Ky. All wkend was plagued by this limp mode. Friday practice, could stall it up to 2k before limp mode engaged, then Saturday, couldn't stall it past 1500revs before limp mod engaged.

Any ideas as whats going? Am I missing something? Do I need to mod something else? delete something in the ECU? Larger trans cooler? a complete trans service? anything? Paid a LOT of money for this converter, would REALLY like to utilize it.

Look forward to hear what you guys have to say and share.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Why is this in SVT forums?
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm aware of the picture. I'm broadening my audience. I REALLY want to figure out this issue. this issue bothers me a LOT. paid a LOT of money for this converter. why can't I stall it up to 2800? somebody has got to know whats up or at least point me in a direct where i can find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Bowling Green's my home town I love that place but live in NC now. But anyways if you live there I could recommend a few shops to you that might be some to help you. Could you have a sensor problem cousing it to go into limp mode. Make sure everything is pluged in where it sould be and go form there. Best of luck to you.
skey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thats whats up man! yeah, BG's the ****! Really enjoy it there every time I'm there. Where in NC? I'm only an hr west of it in Hopkinsville. What shops are suggesting? Shared this issue with a good friend of mine whom I also work with and he shared it with a mutual coworker of ours who's also mechanically inclined and a car guy, he was suggesting the same thing, a sensor perhaps. Preciate it man.

I've cast this issue out to a LOT of resources with very little feed back, didn't realize that this issue was THAT obscure. I'll definitely keep you posted.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I live close to Greenville Nc now. There's a place on the bypass in Bolwing Green named Scotty's Speed and Custom. They sell parts but aren't a shop that would work on it but they know thier stuff youo could tell them whats going on with it. They've more then likely seen it brfore. Or theres Greenwood Serives station in Bowling Green its my uncles shop hes really good with fords. But has far as Hopkinsville not really sure about a shop out that way.
If you thank about it a stall is mechanical so unless the stall its self is messed up it should work as intended to. unless there is something else causing it not to work. i would say its a sensor or the TMC is having trouble with the stall you put in there.
Try contacting the company that makes it and see if its happened before and what the fix was. I perfer a 5 speed my self. but like the auto trans for the sixxers theres not alot of aftermarket for them unless you have the T5 trans
Old 10-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thats cool. there's nothing here in Hopkinsville. this place is a joke. whats the TMC? I've already called Precision and discussed this with them. they're just as lost. thus far, starting to look like, not enough fluid in the stall or a sensor flipping out.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The TCM transmission computer. The fluid is a good thought check it and see if there not enough in there. If that's not it then I would look in to seniors next. Ill talk to my brother tomorrow and see what he thanks he's better at transmission stuff then I am. But a out side view always helps me lol. I know how it is trying to figure out what's going on with your car sometimes its best to ask around and get a few ideas and run with those. What else is done to the car?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Sent you a message on FB

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang