V6 Air Intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Gaffney
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 12
V6 Air Intake

What are the best COLD air intakes to add to a '95 V6 mustang?
Seth_Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
There's a lot of good options for cold air intakes with any model Mustang. Try a few searches on the forums and you'll find a ton of threads regarding CAI's and which one is suited "the best."

However, for a '95 v6 Mustang- I'd stick with something like the SR Performance CAI. The SR CAI is a quality part that keeps a budget in mind. You'll see very similar gains to other top notch CAI companies with the SR CAI, but at almost half the cost.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Cole View Post
What are the best COLD air intakes to add to a '95 V6 mustang?
They all do the same thing. The brand doesn't really matter. You could even make one out of pvc. But if you're going to buy one, American Muscle does have the best price
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
no difference at all. mainly just for looks under the hood is all u get. the one from Americanmuscle seems legit
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Gaffney
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 12
Thanks. Really helps I'm just new to mustangs and was looking for a few veterans to help me out.
Seth_Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Cole View Post
Thanks. Really helps I'm just new to mustangs and was looking for a few veterans to help me out.
No problem!
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
HunterNorden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Huntington Beach
Region: California
Posts: 133
Sr performance CAI. I love mine!!
__________________
2003 Mustang GT Centennial: UPR X, 2 Chambers, SR CAI.
Smoked Headlights/Tail lights, 8k HID
HunterNorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterNorden View Post
Sr performance CAI. I love mine!!
+1

If your filter needs to be replaced anyway, might as well upgrade to a cold air intake for like 30 more dollars haha
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Gaffney
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
There's a lot of good options for cold air intakes with any model Mustang. Try a few searches on the forums and you'll find a ton of threads regarding CAI's and which one is suited "the best." However, for a '95 v6 Mustang- I'd stick with something like the SR Performance CAI. The SR CAI is a quality part that keeps a budget in mind. You'll see very similar gains to other top notch CAI companies with the SR CAI, but at almost half the cost. Hope this helps point you in the right direction! Shane
very helpful thank you
Seth_Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver
Region: Canada
Posts: 6
I hear alot of good talk about k&n but personally I think it's unreasonably priced have you tried looking on eBay? Good luck!! Keep us posted
Joshlowet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #11
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Gaffney
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshlowet View Post
I hear alot of good talk about k&n but personally I think it's unreasonably priced have you tried looking on eBay? Good luck!! Keep us posted
I went with the SR but I did consider the k&n thanks for the opinion
Seth_Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Cole View Post
I went with the SR but I did consider the k&n thanks for the opinion
Good stuff! I think you'll be please with the SR CAI.

Since you're new to Mustangs, I'm sure you'll have many questions in the future about different parts. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any assistance. I'd be happy to help!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Gaffney
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Good stuff! I think you'll be please with the SR CAI. Since you're new to Mustangs, I'm sure you'll have many questions in the future about different parts. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any assistance. I'd be happy to help! Shane
sure thing thanks man
Seth_Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:27 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.