swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
swap

I am changing out a heater core and swapping dashes. Any advice from some one who has gone this route?

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
I am changing out a heater core and swapping dashes. Any advice from some one who has gone this route?
It's a pita. Make sure you keep track of all the bolts and where everything goes. Taking it out for the first time sucks but putting it back in is a piece of cake. You have to disconnect all the wires, airbags, etc and unbolt the steering column
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
It's a pita. Make sure you keep track of all the bolts and where everything goes. Taking it out for the first time sucks but putting it back in is a piece of cake. You have to disconnect all the wires, airbags, etc and unbolt the steering column

The one I took out was hard. Only 11 eight mm bolts and one 7 mm bolts mounting the dash. I am scared of the wiring. I am going to put tape around the wires and label where each one goes so I do not forget anything. Putting the wires in seemed kind of hard. I can never put a package back in a box. lol Did you need to use wire ties? Is there any trick to removing the black box?

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
The one I took out was hard. Only 11 eight mm bolts and one 7 mm bolts mounting the dash. I am scared of the wiring. I am going to put tape around the wires and label where each one goes so I do not forget anything. Putting the wires in seemed kind of hard. I can never put a package back in a box. lol Did you need to use wire ties? Is there any trick to removing the black box?
Mine was a little trickier. I had to take off all the wiring harness and replace it. But it shouldn't be too hard for you. The only wires you need to disconnect are the stereo, AC, passenger side airbag, steering column, brake, and door wires. They all are connected under the dash with plastic clip things. And by the black box you mean the fuse box? No slides right out, I think there's a couple of bolts connecting it to the dash so it should come out with the dash. Make sure you disconnect the battery and let the reserve power die before fooling with the airbag. The drivers side won't be a problem but the passengers side was a little hard
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang