Ported Upper Intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Ported Upper Intake

I have a cai and dual exhaust what kind of gains would I see from just a ported upper? There is one for sale around me. How much is it worth. Thanks
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Pictures?

Honestly a windstar will outperform a stock upper by far, unless you went through the trouble of getting a cut/weld upper intake which is big money and still a close call when compared with the windstar upper intake

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
Pictures? Honestly a windstar will outperform a stock upper by far, unless you went through the trouble of getting a cut/weld upper intake which is big money and still a close call when compared with the windstar upper intake
I don't have any pictures. What do you want to see? How much does it cost to piece together a windstar intake because they don't sell the kits anymore right?
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Picture of exit compared to a gasket would tell you how much it's been touched.

If you can make your own parts $100 or so

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 11-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You perhaps referring to this post? Just saw it today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2001195046.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	137160  

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The windstar is a better intake. I use to recommend the 4.2 intake, but after a tune, everything changed, I noticed the power band is too high and does not perform properly at lower R.P.M.s, The windstar tunes better and 7 hp/ 15 tq at rear wheels.
Vap has a step by step IAC delete on the web sight

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You perhaps referring to this post? Just saw it today
Haha yea. That's what I have been looking at... Do you think I would feel a hp gain? I thought the windstar would cost more than that. I think I have seen write ups before but does anyone have a parts list of what I will need to fabricate or buy to make the windstar work?
Old 11-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanguy View Post

Haha yea. That's what I have been looking at... Do you think I would feel a hp gain? I thought the windstar would cost more than that. I think I have seen write ups before but does anyone have a parts list of what I will need to fabricate or buy to make the windstar work?
You must be josh then :p I asked him the same question about the porting on the fb post lol

For that "ported" upper he probably took it off touched up the bottom of intake and called it good, doubt it would be worth much more than 2-3hp

I have a write-up on my laptop that a friend did, he did everything junkyard style but mounted the iac up top because he cut a hole under his gt good scoop. Iirc it has a parts list, if you want I can email it to you.

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the write up. The windstar intake won't clear a 94-95 strut tower brace will it?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanguy View Post
Thanks for the write up. The windstar intake won't clear a 94-95 strut tower brace will it?
You can try, I've only seen a bbk one clear it though

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can try, I've only seen a bbk one clear it though
Ok thanks I will be doing some research and seeing if I can do this.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

You must be josh then :p I asked him the same question about the porting on the fb post lol

For that "ported" upper he probably took it off touched up the bottom of intake and called it good, doubt it would be worth much more than 2-3hp

I have a write-up on my laptop that a friend did, he did everything junkyard style but mounted the iac up top because he cut a hole under his gt good scoop. Iirc it has a parts list, if you want I can email it to you.
Could you email it to me also?
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post

Sure send me your email I'll send it later

blower/new cam soon
Old 11-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post
VAP Auto - Support
/support/Windstar kit install

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
VAP Auto - Support
/support/Windstar kit install
Thanks!
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang