Tire Size Opinions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Tire Size Opinions?

So at the moment I have just some MSR Wheels on my car that are 215/55/17. I used to have 215/45's on all four but I didn't like how it made the fender well look huge and the tires look too small for the car. Yesterday I bought some nice Cobra SVT Wheels for $250 and they need rubber, I got one tire with the set and it is a 245/45/17. I'm kind of too scared to put 45's back on it cause it might look to small again but I'd like to to save money cause I already have one of the tires. Whats your guys opinions? Also, I kinda wanted to maybe put 255's on the rear to bubble the tire a little to make it a little wider, with the 245's on the front. Just looking for other peoples set ups and opinions on the matter. Thanks!
Ju5tAsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
What are the actual dimensions of your wheel?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The rim is a 17 and i believe 7.5 wide..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
215/55=118mm or 4.65" sidewall
255/45= 115mm or 4.51" sidewall

Not sure if the rims you purchased can accommodate 255/45's, however they should be dang close to the same sidewall height as your currant 215's. Also, a wider tire generally handles better and looks far more aggressive.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome! Thanks so much man! So you think it'd look alright to stick with the 245/45's?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ju5tAsix View Post
Awesome! Thanks so much man! So you think it'd look alright to stick with the 245/45's?
245/45 = 110mm or 4.34"

It is your call man, you have to make that call.

Are you lowered yet? If you are, they look great. It's what we are running on my GF's 98.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Off topic... Your profile pic looks sweet. Get some more photos up so we can see your ride.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it is lowering about 1 1/2. Not exactly the drop I wanted, I wanted a 2" drop so I might end up just cutting my stock springs and putting them back on. Or just get some spring tensioners and put those on. I'll just have have to decide. And as the profile picture, Haven't been on for a while so actually my car is completely different now! Some guys decided to key it and kick my fenders in so it cracked all my paint and started rusting and they keyed it completely to the metal. So I repainted it, first time painting a car, sort of screwed up on it and I got the tiger stripe effect. I thought about it for a week on how to cover it up, well, I'm an artist. And I've seen a lambo with Sharpie Art on it. I've done sharpie art before, so I gave it a shot. So my car is now black and blue. Took 70 hours total. I'm pleased with it. But still going to repaint it cause the clear coat isn't really coming out how I wanted it. Been sanding it for 2 months and it's just not looking good. So I'm going to experiment again and try plasti dipping the whole car with a light blue pearl. I'll upload some pics to my profile of a photo shoot of the white and blue and the recent.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the new Sharpie Art.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang