is there a stock amp - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
is there a stock amp

hooked up my aftermarket amp to my door speakers like hellllz yea just to run into some bs. i ran my wires from the harnes and is getting crazy noises when i connect the rcas to my 4 ch amp. is there a stock amp in there too and if it is are all the speakers ran to it or just fronts
tyronekndrck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
I know the mach system has amps but I installed an aftermarket stereo and all 8? Speakers work. Not the best quality but eh it's a vert
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

well what i was saying is i think my problem come from speakers being connected to a hidden factory amp in my car then im running the speakers to a aftermarket amp so if there is a stock amp in there that means there running from the factory amp then to my other amp but i think ill just run the speakers directly from the speaker to the amp and not from the wire harness

but thanks man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronekndrck View Post
well what i was saying is i think my problem come from speakers being connected to a hidden factory amp in my car then im running the speakers to a aftermarket amp so if there is a stock amp in there that means there running from the factory amp then to my other amp but i think ill just run the speakers directly from the speaker to the amp and not from the wire harness

but thanks man
Do you have stock speakers. I believe they are 3 ohm so change them cause like I said they sound like crap.
I also don't understand it's it: stereo-stock amp-your amp-speakers? How did you do that?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

im upgrading my speakers soon but i was wondering if there was a stock amp in there so i can know where my problem is coming from. because i know i ran my wires to my afermarket amp correctly, but it sound like wires are touching when i connect the rca wires. ( no music just loud humming sounds)
Old 11-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Regular

Amps are in the back. Mine only has one since it's the 460 and it's between my seats and trunk. Best bet would be to run rcas to your amp since aftermarket stereos have inputs for front and rear speakers plus sub. Then from your amp run your own speaker wire to the speakers and bypass the whole mach audio. But your speakers will not last

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang