Mach 1/Cobra Swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mach 1/Cobra Swap

I was wonder how to swap a cast iron cobra block into a v6:
Would this work with the block:
Mach 1 shaker
Cobra super charger
Forged pistons

What else do I need to complete like the ecu, pcu, rebuild kits, I'm starting everything brand new what all do I need to do a complete engine?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I also have a automatic and I want to make it manual
Zinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc View Post
I was wonder how to swap a cast iron cobra block into a v6: Would this work with the block: Mach 1 shaker Cobra super charger Forged pistons What else do I need to complete like the ecu, pcu, rebuild kits, I'm starting everything brand new what all do I need to do a complete engine?
Shaker won't really fit without modification..
Cobra block with assuming cobra heads then yes the s/c will work.. As for the swap.. It's a lot of work...

Ecu wiring harness with complete fuse boxes, transmission computer, gauge cluster. Trans Computer, resovor tanks, radiator, accessories.... Ect, ect, ect,.....
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Honestly. Get a donor car if you can find one. You need every wiring harness ECU etc. and it's either cobra blower or Mach shaker. Can't have both. Well you can have the blower and the shaker but the shaker would not be functional. It's a lot of work. And you also need the tranny.

Dammit reardon you beat me
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Non functional shaker on top of a supercharger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2578227850.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	139500   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1519013837.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	139501  

Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Or..

1. Download "Insta-engine swap" app from iTunes.

2. Upload a pic of your engine bay.

3. Choose engine from a wide selection of V8 engines in app.

4. Click and shout "Instaswap!!!"

5. Vroom vroom mother****er.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I know it wouldn't be functional and yes I'm using cobra heads would you know what ecu PCM efi I need?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Yea I know it wouldn't be functional and yes I'm using cobra heads would you know what ecu PCM efi I need?
From a cobra..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 12-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cheaper and easier to find a wrecked cobra and swap everything.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You would need

The whole longblock with everything ,
The supercharger .. Your going to need a crap load of parts, you will need a 03-04 cobra engine with the front timing cover
You will need to upgrade your whole fuel system ,
You will need a bigger rear end / axles
You will need a new transmission

Basically it's not even worth doing
Just buy a cobra duh
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
You would need The whole longblock with everything , The supercharger .. Your going to need a crap load of parts, you will need a 03-04 cobra engine with the front timing cover You will need to upgrade your whole fuel system , You will need a bigger rear end / axles You will need a new transmission Basically it's not even worth doing Just buy a cobra duh
Old 12-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It really isn't worth it to be honest like slow 4v said just buy a cobra lol

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

i understand what yall are saying but i dont want to buy a cobra i want my v6 body with cobra/ mach 1 engine. I found a rebuild kit everything that i see pretty much needed done is 5000 everything brand new...........plus all internals are forged
Old 12-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="Zinc;1883710"]i understand what yall are saying but i dont want to buy a cobra i want my v6 body with cobra/ mach 1 engine. I found a rebuild kit everything that i see pretty much needed done is 5000 everything brand new...........plus all internals are forged[/QUOTE

Yeah we know what you mean but the amount of money its gonna cost you with labor and stuff i doubt you are gonna do it all on your own? Plus the time and hassle. Termi's are sick if money permits why not get one jw

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
Old 12-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
i understand what yall are saying but i dont want to buy a cobra i want my v6 body with cobra/ mach 1 engine. I found a rebuild kit everything that i see pretty much needed done is 5000 everything brand new...........plus all internals are forged
link?
And yeah best bet is just get a donor car/wrecked cobra. That way you can pick at it for anything you might need
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Y'know. I'm always up for a good engine swap. I will never tell anybody not to do one. BUT. Just throwing this out there. You could always buy a termi or Mach, and swap out the trim, for v6 trim. Exterior, i mean. I'm sure that'd be a whole lot cheaper. Especially if you mainly want to keep a v6 body with a v8 power plant. It's be cool either way though. Just know, that swapping trim off a cobra, or mach, is in some eyes labeled as treason.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Y'know. I'm always up for a good engine swap. I will never tell anybody not to do one. BUT. Just throwing this out there. You could always buy a termi or Mach, and swap out the trim, for v6 trim. Exterior, i mean. I'm sure that'd be a whole lot cheaper. Especially if you mainly want to keep a v6 body with a v8 power plant. It's be cool either way though. Just know, that swapping trim off a cobra, or mach, is in some eyes labeled as treason.
Having a cobra/mach engine with v6 trim would be one hell of a sleeper everyone would think its just a v6 and bam! That would be cool not gonna lie..you know what would be even cooler though? Having a Termi

2003 GT
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post
Having a cobra/mach engine with v6 trim would be one hell of a sleeper everyone would think its just a v6 and bam! That would be cool not gonna lie..you know what would be even cooler though? Having a Termi
X2!!
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Termis are expensive *tear
Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Swaps is a common dreamer question. It makes a interesting post. But less than 1% make there dream a reality. 5000 is a drop in a bucket for swap prices.
Its easier to buy a cobra or mach 1 and make it look like a v-6

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
This is jmo do not tare apart a cobra or mach 1 and make it look like its a v6 it's just wrong IMO.
(But if it was a wrecked 1 that would be a little different )
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
This is jmo do not tare apart a cobra or mach 1 and make it look like its a v6 it's just wrong IMO. (But if it was a wrecked 1 that would be a little different )
i would do it lol maybe not the v6 wing cuz those are ugly lol. I don't think the v6 has badges but the flat hood and badge less panels would be cool
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
i would do it lol maybe not the v6 wing cuz those are ugly lol. I don't think the v6 has badges but the flat hood and badge less panels would be cool
So you would take off the shaker/copra hood then the bumper would have to be changed with a v6 rear bumper the cobra front bumper would have to be changed and then you just ruined a mach or a cobra
Old 12-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
So you would take off the shaker/copra hood then the bumper would have to be changed with a v6 rear bumper the cobra front bumper would have to be changed and then you just ruined a mach or a cobra
id prolly leave the bumper but yeah I'm personally not such a big fan of the shaker hood that it would kill me to take it off or anything
Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Making a termi a sleeper by making it look like a V6 isn't such a big deal. It's something I want to do. It's not like you're defacing the termi. All cosmetic changes are reversible. It is blasphemy though,doing the opposite. I despise misbadging. Body parts are body parts, badges are a different story
Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The moment you add a supercharger it will not look like a V-6 because you can not stuff it under a V-6 hood.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
The moment you add a supercharger it will not look like a V-6 because you can not stuff it under a V-6 hood.
Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3060357038.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	139612  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Lol
The hood could be cut to allow for the extra clearance in the hood scoop possibly. Since some of the sixxers came with the scoop ( Pony Package, and Deluxe I believe ) it could still be made to look like a six. Though I'd much rather be the proud owner of a real termi, than rip everything off and make it look like all the other countless v6 stangs out there. Far fewer termi's.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

The hood could be cut to allow for the extra clearance in the hood scoop possibly. Since some of the sixxers came with the scoop ( Pony Package, and Deluxe I believe ) it could still be made to look like a six. Though I'd much rather be the proud owner of a real termi, than rip everything off and make it look like all the other countless v6 stangs out there. Far fewer termi's.
+1
Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thats what im saying

2003 GT
Old 12-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, it's still a termi though. No way you could disguise the sound and the whine. But I would still do it. Replace the bumpers and badges. I would keep everything though to keep it original and switch them out once in a while to mess with people.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, it's still a termi though. No way you could disguise the sound and the whine. But I would still do it. Replace the bumpers and badges. I would keep everything though to keep it original and switch them out once in a while to mess with people.
So you get what I'm trying to do.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So you get what I'm trying to do.
We all know what you're trying to do, but it's not feasible. I meant but a termi and strip it down to make it look like a 6z You're gonna spend way too much money and effort on something you can buy and make look like your v6
Old 12-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We all know what you're trying to do, but it's not feasible. I meant but a termi and strip it down to make it look like a 6z You're gonna spend way too much money and effort on something you can buy and make look like your v6
+1 Thats what i was trying to say

2003 GT
Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

So have y'all seen a mustang with the 5.4 shelby.
This guy had the gt500 engine swap with his Mach 1 hood scoop of course not functional but it was awesome he had 624hp
Old 12-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So have y'all seen a mustang with the 5.4 shelby. This guy had the gt500 engine swap with his Mach 1 hood scoop of course not functional but it was awesome he had 624hp
Yeah that's at least 30-40 grand right there. There's no way you're gonna do a cobra swap for 5 grand

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang