Question question!?!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Question question!?!?

I had my borla stingers axlebacks installed a few weeks backs and they sound awesome so far. Only thing i'm wondering about is if i add a different x/h pipe if it will change the sound at all or if it's mostly for performance.

also if there's other modding that can be done to make the car sound different from stock. I have an idea of what is going for it visually just need/want different sound.

thanks.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
i dont think itll change performance wise but an H pipe makes it deeper, x pipe makes it sounds raspy and race car ish. headers will make a difference aswell. youll pick up some power from long tubes.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
i kinda messed up on the location of the post sorry
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
lol.i didnt even notice.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
i dont think itll change performance wise but an H pipe makes it deeper, x pipe makes it sounds raspy and race car ish. headers will make a difference aswell. youll pick up some power from long tubes.
this is what i was under the impression of but i was a little hesitant about going towards the H pipe because the guy who installed my axlebacks told me those were only recommended for the older cars that needed help "balancing stuff" i don't know what stuff lol so i didn't know if it would mess something up.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
dont know what that means.lol.but itll be fine.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post

this is what i was under the impression of but i was a little hesitant about going towards the H pipe because the guy who installed my axlebacks told me those were only recommended for the older cars that needed help "balancing stuff" i don't know what stuff lol so i didn't know if it would mess something up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
dont know what that means.lol.but itll be fine.
The new edge gt mustangs (maybe others, not sure) are odd firing engines and need an h or x pipe to balance it. But they don't hurt on an even firing engine, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tommy d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 81
True dat
tommy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
lemons95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 835
mid-pipes balance the exhaust pressure, since some engine's are odd firing the exhaust pressure can vary. I'm guessing with no-mid pipe on a odd firing engine, one side might make more or less power than the other side causing problems.
Don't have to worry about it with are even firing V6's though.
I think the X-pipe would sound more like a exotic, while H, divorced and prochamber would sound deeper and more american.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sluder4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lexington, North Carolina
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
mid-pipes balance the exhaust pressure, since some engine's are odd firing the exhaust pressure can vary. I'm guessing with no-mid pipe on a odd firing engine, one side might make more or less power than the other side causing problems. Don't have to worry about it with are even firing V6's though. I think the X-pipe would sound more like a exotic, while H, divorced and prochamber would sound deeper and more american.
^ amen
__________________
1999 V6 Mustang Dark Satin Green , SR CAI, BBK 65mm Throttle Body, Screaming Demon Coil Pack, SR Lowering Springs, Pioneer Stereo, 2 12' inch subs and 1600watt amp, Green Calipers,
Sluder4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
I have borlas and an o/r h pipe. Superrr deep and throaty
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luke02GTmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Charlestown
Region: Indiana
Posts: 278
my bassani O/R x pipe and borla stinger catback. bad video, to small of a parking lot. http://youtu.be/EerzOogsM7E
Luke02GTmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.