SR Springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh STK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 379
SR Springs

What kind of drop can I expect from the SR springs for the GT on a sixer?
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000stanguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldstrk View Post
What kind of drop can I expect from the SR springs for the GT on a sixer?
I have SR lowering springs with all iso's removed and my front measures 26.5" and the rear 26.75". I don't remember what stock was but you can measure and calculate the drop.
__________________
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh STK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 379
Thanks man!
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000stanguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldstrk View Post
Thanks man!
No problem, but could you post what stock measurements are?
__________________
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
I measured my stock few days ago and I got different numbers but very close, all four fenders where between 27.75" and 27.85" , probably because of the air pressure in the tires.
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000stanguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post
I measured my stock few days ago and I got different numbers but very close, all four fenders where between 27.75" and 27.85" , probably because of the air pressure in the tires.
Ok thanks.
__________________
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000stanguy View Post
Ok thanks.
No problem.
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 3
I need some help with my 2003 mustang v6..
I want to lower it but it's pretty high and most lowering springs do 1.5" drop.. I need like a 3 inch drop for the car to sit nice.. Any recomendations? Ill really appreciate the help thanks .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1961632203.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	452.1 KB
ID:	140686
franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
If you want a big drop, you can always cut your springs. I don't know of any aftermarket springs that drop the car 3 inches.

That is a huge gap btw. What wheel/tire do you have on there?
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
I need some help with my 2003 mustang v6.. I want to lower it but it's pretty high and most lowering springs do 1.5" drop.. I need like a 3 inch drop for the car to sit nice.. Any recomendations? Ill really appreciate the help thanks .
Wow this is a huge gap, I heard some guys here are cutting the stock springs to get the drop needed, hopefully they will read this and help you.
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3301292437.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	140691
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 3
Exactly the car just sits way too high for me.. I currently have 255/40 R18.. I'm thinking on getting SR springs but they only drop 1.5".. If I cut a could would I need to get the isolators or caster camber plates?
franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Exactly the car just sits way too high for me.. I currently have 255/40 R18.. I'm thinking on getting SR springs but they only drop 1.5".. If I cut a could would I need to get the isolators or caster camber plates?
From the guys here I know that anything above 1.5" you'll need caster camber plates.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I think your tires' size is wrong, with 18 wheels you need 35 not 40, probably that the reason you have big gap.
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post
From the guys here I know that anything above 1.5" you'll need caster camber plates. ---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ---------- I think your tires' size is wrong, with 18 wheels you need 35 not 40, probably that the reason you have big gap.
Thanks a lot I'll get some tires this weekend for the back and hopefully that will help out..

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

My front tires do read 255/35R18
franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Thanks a lot I'll get some tires this weekend for the back and hopefully that will help out.. ---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ---------- My front tires do read 255/35R18
No problem man.
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh STK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 379
Measures stock at 28 front and 28.25 back
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Hey Samuel, did you see JDF's "Colorado track day thread"?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh STK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 379
Yeah just posted in it
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
I need some help with my 2003 mustang v6..
I want to lower it but it's pretty high and most lowering springs do 1.5" drop.. I need like a 3 inch drop for the car to sit nice.. Any recomendations? Ill really appreciate the help thanks .
Just cut your stock springs. I'm on 17s and dropped 2.5" with cut springs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131212_205003.png
Views:	174
Size:	527.4 KB
ID:	141385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_78463097813950.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	141386  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_78468093693699.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	141387  
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldstrk View Post
What kind of drop can I expect from the SR springs for the GT on a sixer?
This is 1Slosix's sixxer on SR springs. Should drop the same as H&R Race springs and the Eibach Pro kit springs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131212_205141.png
Views:	104
Size:	516.8 KB
ID:	141388  
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
Just cut your stock springs. I'm on 17s and dropped 2.5" with cut springs.
Sweet!
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post

Sweet!
If you cut them and you're on 18s you won't need as much of a drop to get the wheel gap I have.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
This is 1Slosix's sixxer on SR springs. Should drop the same as H&R Race springs and the Eibach Pro kit springs.
Not a bad drop for a sixxer, can't wait to install mine, I have to wait until spring time though to get warmer and at the same time save some money for a new set of shocks and struts.
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post

Not a bad drop for a sixxer, can't wait to install mine, I have to wait until spring time though to get warmer and at the same time save some money for a new set of shocks and struts.
Yeah 1.5" definitely looks good. You don't necessarily have to replace shocks and struts at the same time as doing springs, it's just strongly advised. My stock ones lasted a year at 1.5" and 3 months at 2.5" before I finally decided to replace them
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh STK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 379
My SR Springs are in! But have to wait till after Xmas to install because they're a present D:
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldstrk View Post
My SR Springs are in! But have to wait till after Xmas to install because they're a present D:
Awesome! Hit me up when you want them installed
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
Yeah 1.5" definitely looks good. You don't necessarily have to replace shocks and struts at the same time as doing springs, it's just strongly advised. My stock ones lasted a year at 1.5" and 3 months at 2.5" before I finally decided to replace them

Yes I just want to do it all together, don't want to come back and do the job twice, also I just got stock 17" gt wheels and tires over craigslist for $200 today, planing to paint them black, it's going to be fun
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post

Yes I just want to do it all together, don't want to come back and do the job twice, also I just got stock 17" gt wheels and tires over craigslist for $200 today, planing to paint them black, it's going to be fun
Completely understandable. Those should look good!
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:10 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.