Is this a good price? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ZangStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 218
Is this a good price?

I got a quote on a custom exhaust today for $340. This includes a custom h pipe after the cats, 2 flowmaster 40s and turndowns. Should I do it? Is this a good setup? Any suggestions?
ZangStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangStang02 View Post
I got a quote on a custom exhaust today for $340. This includes a custom h pipe after the cats, 2 flowmaster 40s and turndowns. Should I do it? Is this a good setup? Any suggestions?
Mine was 120 for the same stuff except divorced duals so I didn't need an h pipe made or installed. I had multiple shops tell me 200-250. The setup will be pretty deep and I think it will sound good. I have magnapacks on mine. Be prepared for some vibration and interior drone with turndowns. I love the drone but some don't
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
ZangStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post
Mine was 120 for the same stuff except divorced duals so I didn't need an h pipe made or installed. I had multiple shops tell me 200-250. The setup will be pretty deep and I think it will sound good. I have magnapacks on mine. Be prepared for some vibration and interior drone with turndowns. I love the drone but some don't
I love the drone too! I don't want to have to scream to talk to my passenger, but I do want have to raise my voice! How much horse power will I be looking at? What the difference between divorced and h?
ZangStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
bkh1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: York
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangStang02 View Post

I love the drone too! I don't want to have to scream to talk to my passenger, but I do want have to raise my voice! How much horse power will I be looking at? What the difference between divorced and h?
Thats exactly how mine is! Not much horsepower really. Mostly for the sound. It'll shift the power band up a little. Divorced doesn't have a midpipe. Divorced is supposed to be the loudest out of all of it. H pipe is deeper than the others. And divorced is going to be the cheapest to get done
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:47 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.