found a small leak! with pic! helppp - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #1

Region: Indiana
found a small leak! with pic! helppp

ok so my car has still been overheating, i found a small leak where the water pump connects to the block, IT IS NOT THE WATER PUMP ITSELF, it is the block where the water pump connects right under the bottom passenger corner of the block(i think thats what it is) anyways, its a perfect little circle about the size of a small carpenters nail, did my block blow a hole in it or could it be a freeze plug of some sort? ive uploaded a pic and circled the area in black and made a blue line where its leaking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	enginediagram2.png
Views:	654
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	142436  
wootman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
You'll need to get a new timing cover or pray JB weld works. If you get a new timing cover you have to take off the oil pump and one of the screws is tricky. It's not a freeze plug just a hole

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #3

Region: Indiana
thanks man! i appreciate it

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

would i be able to actually weld it??? if so what kind of welder should i use? i can mig,tig,oxyacetylene weld it if at all possible, just dont wanna risk messing up anything else
wootman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Well if anything I would suggest TiG. Really depends on what type of metal it is, if its non ferrous or ferrous, sure you can weld it. If its any type of Cast metal then no you can't weld it. Just replace the cover, it's easier

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

And I say it's easier to replace it because you gotta take the cover off anyways to weld it.
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Wow that's a first, you're sure it's not running off the water pump? It's a $3 gasket lol

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang