Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Beeping noise

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  AKE 
#1 ·
So when I got my 01 v6 it had this beeping noise that would come on every now and then and I just turned up my radio and was like whatever. But I'm just wondering if anyone else have the same problem as me or if anyone knows what it is and how to stop it?

#8 ·
Depends what is wrong. Me personally I would not touch the system. If you accidentally deploy the Airbag that will be a few hundred dollar mistake. But, you are going to need it diagnosed first. Take it to a Ford dealer or someone in your area certified for Airbag reset and repairs. The system is simplistic in nature; consists of 2 forward crash sensors and a safing sensor located in the AB diagnostic module (ADM). The tone is being generated from the ADM which is located in the center console behind the radio. The ADM is "easy" to remove and replace if needed (may not be easy as plug new one in...not sure but some modules need additional programming before installation). You may just need a reset of the ADM which should run you $50-$75. If they tell you that you need an new ADM - The price will vary. FORD will charge you $300 for NEW ADM - but they are always going to be highest. I have seen refurbished ADM priced $80 - $150. Check around. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.