M112 need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
M112 need help

Ok so I am In the process of supercharging my 02 3.8 , can anyone help send me a build link or something like a list for the parts I will need, I have found threads before for the m112 setup when doing previous research but I don't know if I'm having a bad day today or I just can't find any lists, thanks
speedshop23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
99-04 M112 Supercharger Installation - MustangForums.com

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedshop23 View Post
Thanks
YW M112 4 $300
eaton m112 supercharger

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
Old 01-02-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks but I already have the supercharger itself
Old 01-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

David has a friend who is working on a cooler to sole the heat problem. You should contact him.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Do the m112"s really have that bad of a heat problem
Old 01-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I think the issue is in the south because of hotter temperatures. I am sure it is bad because that is all that is stopping him from installing his M112

Old 01-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

But is it like bad enough where it like melts wiring or vacuum lines type thing or can it like screw up the good from the heat
Old 01-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The issue may have been he is using a cam and the extra boost causes heat issues. The problem was engine over heat. If David sees the post he should solve my guess work.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I only got a stock cam for now , planning on finishing supercharger in spring because I don't want to go hood less in the snow
Old 01-10-2014, 02:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Non-intercooled M112 setups make large amounts of heat.. Intake temps over 200* on 12psi+ which will quickly degrade a motor. Ported blower and intake/heads help to reduce heat as it reduces the restriction. A quick way around the heat is a meth kit, which will drastically reduce iat's, but like nitrous, you become slow when it runs out lol.

As for the kit Luis and I are setting up, it's being delayed by money problems on my end, and fabrication from our welder being out of town frequently (truck driver).

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You can put a GT scoop on it, but the pulley will still stick out. I don't know how you are doing financially. The Cobra R hoods are on Ebay for $400 shipped. My Cobra R carbon fiber hood was tearing up, so I jumped on this deal a year ago.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I like the 3 inch cowl hoods I found one on V6mustang for cheap but waiting on seller to confirm the color he has

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

If it all comes down to it and can't get a good priced used hood , gt scoop is going to be my route
Old 01-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I was never good at sculpting so I never tried this. You can measure the length, height, and with need to cover the M112. Take a block of starphone and start sculpting a scoop upside down. Make sure you get all the angles right. Cover with a brush in fiberglass. When it dries cut fiberglass cloth and do 7 more layers. Pressing the cloth with fiberglass resin using a paint roller.
After it dries remove straphone and place on hood. Now grind the bottom with a sander till the hood scoop is flush with the hood. This takes much patients. Start from one corner of one side and work to the other.
Now sculpt a piece of straphone to fit in the corner edges and stick out flat a inch. You are making a flat bottom so it will bolt up. Repeat previous instructions with 7 lavers of fiberglass. When dry put on hood to make sure it is flush. Drill two bolt holes on each side. Remove scoop and run a light coat of bondo on top and sides. Sand, paint, and install.
This is hard, and how to make a custom scoop.
This is kina how to do it...................make a custom scoop - Bing Videos

Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds extensive
Old 01-11-2014, 03:21 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What kind of gains can you see from the m112 compared to say a Garrett Pt61??
ProjectTurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

That is close to how they are mode from the factory except, the factory has a mold and does not need Bondo.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Id rather buy the scoop lol much easier for me , not a very good painter
Old 01-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I've been looking at rivet on hood scoops for my project, looks nice and gives me the clearance I want, just gonna cut a big hole in stock hood.

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang