Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Shift Position Adjustment

793 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jaytraeg 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I didn't see anything on the forums about this, so thought that I'd ask. So, I was getting ready to go to school the other day (and I live in Wisconsin, so it was about -4 degrees outside: not sure if that matters), and I started up my car. It's a '95 v6 automatic (again, not sure if that matters). Well, when I tried to shift it out of park, it was really fight me. IT DID MOVE OUT OF PARK, let that be known so that you know it's not the brake light sensor, but you really had to give a lot of force to get it out of park, and it would try to go back into park if you were to release the button on the shifter knob. Now here's the kicker: when you did shift it out of park, the position would be marked as whatever position you managed to get it out of, but the gear itself was still in park. Now I did manage to finally wrench it free from park (It hurts me to tell you how much force I had to use), and will continue to shift normally if you turn the car off and back on again, but if it sits for a couple of hours it gets stuck again.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Could it be the transmission shift position cable? And if it is, how would I go about getting to/ adjusting that? Thanks so much guys, I'm really worried about my baby. :/

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.